iKnow! is a companion study tool for the iKnow! website. With this app, you can enjoy the iKnow! experience on your phone or tablet.
All iKnow! study progress on your iOS device is automatically synched to your PC account, so you can study in the way that best matches your needs and lifestyle.
“Japanese, Chinese, and English”
Official courses are offered for studying Japanese, Chinese, and SAT English. The Japanese courses cover the 6,000 most commonly used words in Japanese. The Chinese courses cover the 2,000 most commonly used words in spoken Chinese and over 1,200 words commonly used in newspapers and magazines. (All Chinese courses are available in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.) All words have sample sentences and audio.
“The iKnow! Learning Engine”
iKnow! presents items in a spaced rehearsal pattern optimized for efficient learning. iKnow! adapts to differences in learning speeds and item difficulty, constantly measuring memory and predicting performance across all of your items. iKnow! does this by tracking your performance and then predicting your optimal review time on an item-by-item basis.
All you have to do is push the study button, and iKnow! tells you what to learn.
- Five study modes: iKnow!, Rapid Choice, Self Check, Sentence Trainer, and Listening.
- iKnow!: Master words and phrases with our patented learning algorithms.
- Rapid Choice: Fast-paced quizzing and review.
- Self Check: Judge yourself on what you know and how well.
- Sentence Trainer: Master sentence patterns by listening and then dictating.
- Listening: Listen to content on the go. You can slow down and loop any audio.
- Study progress synched across iOS and PC accounts.
Thank you for studying with iKnow! We have made several improvements we hope you'll find useful.
- New, faster way to start studying: When entering Study, the last-used study mode will be selected by default. You can change modes by tapping the drop-down box.
- Faster start for Multiple course study: Only necessary courses for the session will be downloaded.
- iKnow! Owl Stickers for the Messages app.
- Performance improvements: Many behind-the-scenes changes that improve speed and usability, with more planned soon.
- Support for the latest iOS devices.
- New for English courses: Phonetic symbols are now displayed for words that support it.
- Many small improvements to the UI and flow.
- Dozens of bug fixes.
We are always listening and responding to feedback.
If you are having difficulties using the app, please read the FAQ located in the Help menu from within the app, or contact support if you find issues.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been studying Japanese for several years now but still knew I had a lot to learn. As a self-taught Japanese speaker, it can be quite discouraging when the tools are not able to meet you where you are at. However, iKnow! Has done a wonderful job combining an SRS with not only vocabulary, but also grammar. While grammar rules are not explicitly explained, one can't avoid picking up the grammar rules through the example sentences and the many venues of study. Finally able to focus my studies through a streamlined application that is beautiful on mobile as well as on the browser. Very user friendly and definitely worth the reasonable membership cost.
Too good to pass up on.
I was having problems trying to log onto iKnow with my Google account with my iPad, so I went ahead and cancelled my initial monthly subscription I signed up for a couple of days ago (money down the drain), and created a new account.
I’m disappointed about the log in problems, even with the troubleshooting, and especially losing money. If I could only transfer my progress from the old account I signed up for a couple of days ago to this new one.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for updating your comment ! We released the latest version (5.0.2) today, so could you please try reinstalling the app once again?
1) Uninstall the app
2) Reboot the device
2) Download the latest app version from the App Store
3) Open the app and login
Our apologies for the inconvenience and hope it solves the problem.
-----------Update reply------------ Thanks for coming back! So now, you are able to open the app:) Could you please contact our support from the app with the detailed info about your two iKnow! accounts?
I’ve been using this for years, since a time when it was called something else, and I bought the lifetime subscription a while back.
I practice with the app, repeat words and sentences aloud, sometimes write them out to help me remember. Repetition is so important when learning a language, so I have all the previously finished courses on review. Definitely worth it in my opinion.
- Cerego Japan Inc.
- 36.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 DMM
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Plan $31.99
- 12 Month Plan $54.99
- 12 Month Plan $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.