A fun way to learn the names and locations of the provinces and territories of Canada and their capitals.
‣ Quiz yourself on provinces/territories and capitals.
‣ Earn provinces/territories to unlock Puzzle Mode.
‣ Easy Mode for beginners and young learners.
‣ Spoken pronunciation of each province/territory and capital.
‣ Facts about each province or territory including official tree, flower, bird, flag and more.
‣ Settings screen to allow students to concentrate on specific provinces and territories.
‣ Statistics screen to allow students to identify which provinces/territories and capitals they need to work on.
Four modes to choose from:
• Learn Mode allows you to tap and highlight each province or territory to see its name or capital and hear it spoken in either French or English. Launch the information panel to view additional facts about each, including: capital city, official languages, and more.
• Game Mode uses both text and audio prompts to see how many provinces/territories or capitals you can identify. There are two difficulty settings: Easy and Hard. Easy setting has an adjustable time limit of up to 10 minutes, and indicates provinces/territories that have already been found or are not being played. The Easy setting is great for young learners. Hard setting pits you against the clock to see how may provinces/territories you can identify in one minute. Earn bonus points for any time remaining on the clock. Leader board keeps track of high scores.
• Test Mode is where you can measure your progress similar to how you may be tested in the classroom. There are two options available. For the spelling option, tap each province/territory in any order you choose, and type its name at the prompt. For the location option, tap the given province/territory when prompted. There are no time restrictions for Test Mode.
• Puzzle Mode is unlocked when you earn your first province/territory. Earn provinces/territories by playing the Game Mode. Once you have earned all 13, you can complete the puzzle. Earned provinces/territories never go away, and you can shuffle and rebuild the puzzle as often as you like.
Engaging and fun application designed by a classroom teacher. Game Mode can be addictive, allowing you to unwittingly learn all 13 provinces and territories in no time at all.
- Updated for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Only things I think you should add would be a drag and drop version and a capital cities version.
Great apps for teaching
I bought all of the I Learn apps and my grandsons love them. With these apps they have learned the US states and the provinces of Canada and are working on Europe now. They are four and six years old but the apps are very easy to use and learn.
Perfect platform for Geography learning and review. Good game mechanics. Good decisions of what to include and what to leave out. Clean app. Highly recommend over other apps. This is our go-to geography review app.
1. Hurry up and finish the world :-)
2. Add rivers and capitals.
3. Ability to zoom in.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.