◆ "iLearn US States hit it right on the spot with their educational approach to this app." - theiPhoneMom.com
◆ "This app is a great way for younger students to get familiar with the states and represents a tremendous supplement to any geography or civics lesson." - educationworld.com
◆ Winner for the 2011 Best Middle School Student App - BestAppEver.com
A fun way to learn the names and locations of all 50 states and their capitals.
‣ Quiz yourself on both states and capitals.
‣ Earn States to unlock Puzzle Mode.
‣ Easy Mode for beginners and young learners.
‣ Spoken pronunciation of each state and capital.
‣ Facts about each state including state tree, flower, bird, flag, statehood and more.
‣ Settings screen to allow students to concentrate on specific states.
‣ Statistics screen to allow students to identify which states and capitals they need to work on.
‣ Zoom function for northeast region
Four modes to choose from for both states and capitals:
• Learn Mode allows you to tap and highlight each state to see its name or capital and hear it spoken. Launch the information panel to view additional facts about each state, including: capital city, nickname, tree, bird, flower, and more.
• Game Mode uses both text and audio prompts to see how many states or capitals you can identify. There are two difficulty settings: Easy and Hard. Easy setting has an adjustable time limit of up to 10 minutes, and indicates states that have already been found or are not being played. The Easy setting is great for young learners. Hard setting pits you against the clock to see how may states you can identify in one minute. Earn bonus points for any time remaining on the clock. Leader board keeps track of high scores.
• Test Mode is where you can measure your progress similar to how you may be tested in the classroom. There are two options available. For the spelling option, tap each state in any order you choose, and type its name at the prompt. For the location option, tap the given state when prompted. There are no time restrictions for Test Mode.
• Puzzle Mode is unlocked when you earn your first state. Earn states by playing the Game Mode. Once you have earned all 50 states, you can complete the puzzle. Earned states never go away, and you can shuffle and rebuild the puzzle as often as you like.
Engaging and fun application designed by a classroom teacher. Game Mode can be addictive, allowing you to unwittingly learn all 50 states in just a few hours.
- Updated for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
A Few Tweaks
I am using this as a reinforcement tool in our homeschool curriculum for our 3rd grader & 4th grader. I really like it but would suggest a few tweaks. In the game and test mode, it would be nice if the states or capitals that were identified correctly would change color, thus limiting the options as you went along. Also, there should be a skip option that could register as an incorrect answer but would allow the player to move on in game or test mode. Other than that, the app is educational and enjoyable!
This kept me from failing world geography in COLLEGE! Yes, I am a college student playing this game. I never took a geography class before until now and didn't realize how ignorant I was to it. This game provides instant reinforcement. I do kind of wish it would label the state after you get it right to provide more reinforcement ... It helps with eliminating possibilities because even though I know what state the is I touched, I still might touch it for one that I don't know because I'm just guessing. If it would be labeled after I got it right I could say to myself "oh that's no Montana, that's Idaho!" and it would challenge me to think more.
Learn States & Capitals Fast!
Great! Even an adult like me learned states & capitals fast! In next upgrade, use full screen. If ME and FL touch screen corners, and CA touches screen edge, all states will be bigger & easier to see & touch, especially NE states. In next upgrade, use portrait mode to divide US into 3 sections: East, Central, & West - all states will be about 3x larger, & learners can see better & focus on smaller areas at first. In next upgrade, use 5 color map & bright red stars for capitals to aid viewing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.