Live an amazing lighting experience! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it's all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music or Spotify and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue / Nanoleaf lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time lights synchronization (Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas smart lights)
• Automatically syncs the lights to the official Apple Music / Spotify music players
• Super accurate - works on top of a pre-computed analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select the colors of your choice
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe and flashes (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Philips Hue multi-bridges support
• Sonos speakers synchronization
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com). Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• OR/AND LIFX lights (no bridge required)
• OR/AND Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas panels (no bridge required)
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow
Bug-fix: The party mode was automatically disabled by selecting a preset or starting the app
Improvements: The strobe effect is now only triggered if at least 1 compatible light is selected and sent to compatible lights
Ratings and Reviews
This app lets me sync my Philips Hue Go lamps to music. I absolutely love this functionality. The effect looks amazing. I do tend to set the effects to ‘chill’, as I find ‘auto’ and ‘party’ change to quickly to my taste.
When I used the app to play jungle sounds (yoga type music) I was absolutely amazed by the effect.
One bug that I hope to see changed in a future update: I normally play my music on two connected HomePods. When I use Airplay from the music app, the paired HomePods are visible as an option. However, from this app I can only select one of the HomePods; the second one cannot be seen. I found a workaround (that is a bit of a hazzle) though: if I set the Airplay from the app to my AppleTV, I can then change the Airplay in the Apple Music app to switch to my paired HomePod.
Great, but needs a couple improvements
This really is a great app and I really enjoy how it interacts with my hue lights. There are only a couple issues (that I don’t believe have been addressed) that hold it back from a 5 star:
1) Buying premium isn’t that bad, not that expensive... but I can’t share across devices. I bought this on my phone and would like to share it with my wife and son. But I also don’t want to pay another $5 each to do so. If there was a way to share the premium feature then that would be fantastic.
2) This is the biggest drawback to me... the app doesn’t run in the background. If I leave the app or close my phone, everything stops working. It’s not realistic to think that I’ll leave my phone on for hours while listening to music or hosting a party. If this can be addressed then that would make this app a 5 star for me.
Don’t hesitate to upgrade to the Premium Package
I was recently shown this app via the #AppAdvice daily recommendation. As most of my close friends know I simply love my #Phillip Hue lights and wanted to coordinate my extensive music 🎶 library with my Hue lights. I the initial free version permits limited lighting with the app, therefore if you’re a Hue light junkies like myself you will need to purchase the premium package to incorporate all your Phillips Hue lights. It’s not quite intuitive regarding the music library integration, however the app developer is very responsive and helpful and I was therefore able to achieve my desire effect, so much so that I upgrade to their Premium package, I’m truly a happy camper 🎶 💡
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nicolas Anjoran
- 34 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Nicolas Anjoran
- In-App Purchases
- Starter $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.