Sync your smart lights to your favorite songs! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it's all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music / Spotify or use the microphone and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue / Nanoleaf lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time lights synchronization (Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas smart lights)
• Automatically syncs the lights to the official Apple Music / Spotify music players
• Automatically syncs the lights to the music analysed/detected via the microphone
• Super accurate - works on top of a pre-computed analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select the colors of your choice
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe and flashes (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Philips Hue multi-bridges support
• Sonos speakers synchronization (only with Spotify and Apple Music)
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com). Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• OR/AND LIFX lights (no bridge required)
• OR/AND Nanoleaf panels (iLightShow doesn't support Nanoleaf Essentials)
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Song in app preview: Hawaii - Tobjan (No Copyright Music)
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow
Bugfix: Some LIFX lights became unreachable after relaunching the app for some users.
Ratings and Reviews
This app lets me sync my Philips Hue Go lamps to music. I absolutely love this functionality. The effect looks amazing. I do tend to set the effects to ‘chill’, as I find ‘auto’ and ‘party’ change to quickly to my taste.
When I used the app to play jungle sounds (yoga type music) I was absolutely amazed by the effect.
One bug that I hope to see changed in a future update: I normally play my music on two connected HomePods. When I use Airplay from the music app, the paired HomePods are visible as an option. However, from this app I can only select one of the HomePods; the second one cannot be seen. I found a workaround (that is a bit of a hazzle) though: if I set the Airplay from the app to my AppleTV, I can then change the Airplay in the Apple Music app to switch to my paired HomePod.
Really great app that does what it says, but...
So I’ve been playing with this app for a few of days and my kids love it! We’ve had a dance party practically every night. It does exactly what it says and works pretty well with Apple Music.
The biggest con is that to unlock more than one light you have to $4.99 in app purchase. You can’t really evaluate that app without paying for it. I didn’t mind spending the $5, EXCEPT, if my kids want it on all their devices I’ll have to pay on each one. Truth is I’ll hardly use this app, but my kids might, but I’m not sure it’s worth $20 to me. Maybe $10.
The next problem is a lack of music controls within the app. If you want to pause, play or scrub your music you need to jump back to Apple Music. I think Apple made these controls available for developers to use. So adding these would be a convenient touch.
Finally, this would make an outstanding APPLE TV app. The controls might need to be simplified, or possible use an iCloud shared preferences file (so the advanced settings are done on the phone/iPad), but this would be the best solution for me. The kids regularly play their dance part music on the TV.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for your detailed feedbacks and suggestions. I’m currently working on a « cloud » solution for the next few months that may fix your issue for all your devices. I’ll also work on an Apple TV version in the next few months :-)
Feel free to reach out to me if you need more help/details or even give more feedbacks, I’d be pleased to help :-)
Great, but needs a couple improvements
This really is a great app and I really enjoy how it interacts with my hue lights. There are only a couple issues (that I don’t believe have been addressed) that hold it back from a 5 star:
1) Buying premium isn’t that bad, not that expensive... but I can’t share across devices. I bought this on my phone and would like to share it with my wife and son. But I also don’t want to pay another $5 each to do so. If there was a way to share the premium feature then that would be fantastic.
2) This is the biggest drawback to me... the app doesn’t run in the background. If I leave the app or close my phone, everything stops working. It’s not realistic to think that I’ll leave my phone on for hours while listening to music or hosting a party. If this can be addressed then that would make this app a 5 star for me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nicolas Anjoran
- 31.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Nicolas Anjoran
- In-App Purchases
- Pro $8.99
- Pro (annual) $8.99
- Pro (yearly) $8.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.