Live an amazing lighting experience! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it's all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music or Spotify and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue / Nanoleaf lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time lights synchronization (Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf aurora smart lights)
• Automatically syncs the lights to the official Apple Music / Spotify music players
• Super accurate - works on top of a pre-computed analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select the colors of your choice
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe and flashes (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Philips Hue multi-bridges support
• Sonos speakers synchronization
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com). Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• OR/AND LIFX lights (no bridge required)
• OR/AND Nanoleaf Aurora panels (no bridge required)
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow
Fixes an issue with the discovery of Sonos Speakers
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t hesitate to upgrade to the Premium Package
I was recently shown this app via the #AppAdvice daily recommendation. As most of my close friends know I simply love my #Phillip Hue lights and wanted to coordinate my extensive music 🎶 library with my Hue lights. I the initial free version permits limited lighting with the app, therefore if you’re a Hue light junkies like myself you will need to purchase the premium package to incorporate all your Phillips Hue lights. It’s not quite intuitive regarding the music library integration, however the app developer is very responsive and helpful and I was therefore able to achieve my desire effect, so much so that I upgrade to their Premium package, I’m truly a happy camper 🎶 💡
Great, but needs a couple improvements
This really is a great app and I really enjoy how it interacts with my hue lights. There are only a couple issues (that I don’t believe have been addressed) that hold it back from a 5 star:
1) Buying premium isn’t that bad, not that expensive... but I can’t share across devices. I bought this on my phone and would like to share it with my wife and son. But I also don’t want to pay another $5 each to do so. If there was a way to share the premium feature then that would be fantastic.
2) This is the biggest drawback to me... the app doesn’t run in the background. If I leave the app or close my phone, everything stops working. It’s not realistic to think that I’ll leave my phone on for hours while listening to music or hosting a party. If this can be addressed then that would make this app a 5 star for me.
Really great app that does what it says, but...
So I’ve been playing with this app for a few of days and my kids love it! We’ve had a dance party practically every night. It does exactly what it says and works pretty well with Apple Music.
The biggest con is that to unlock more than one light you have to $4.99 in app purchase. You can’t really evaluate that app without paying for it. I didn’t mind spending the $5, EXCEPT, if my kids want it on all their devices I’ll have to pay on each one. Truth is I’ll hardly use this app, but my kids might, but I’m not sure it’s worth $20 to me. Maybe $10.
The next problem is a lack of music controls within the app. If you want to pause, play or scrub your music you need to jump back to Apple Music. I think Apple made these controls available for developers to use. So adding these would be a convenient touch.
Finally, this would make an outstanding APPLE TV app. The controls might need to be simplified, or possible use an iCloud shared preferences file (so the advanced settings are done on the phone/iPad), but this would be the best solution for me. The kids regularly play their dance part music on the TV.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for your detailed feedbacks and suggestions. I’m currently working on a « cloud » solution for the next few months that may fix your issue for all your devices. I’ll also work on an Apple TV version in the next few months :-)
Feel free to reach out to me if you need more help/details or even give more feedbacks, I’d be pleased to help :-)
- Nicolas Anjoran
- 68 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Nicolas Anjoran
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.