Image Cleaner is the complete solution for finding and removing duplicate image files. If you are a point and shoot photographer, your hard drive will inevitably get filled up with a lot of nearly identical images that will take up a considerable amount of disk space. This is where Image Cleaner comes in with its advanced detection algorithm that will identify all your similar images fast and with a very high degree of accuracy. Duplicate image files can be marked for deletion either manually or automatically.
But here is what Image Cleaner has to offer:
- Select the folder(s) that you want to scan for duplicate image files
- Scan your Photos library for duplicate image files
- Select the degree of similarity beyond which images will be considered duplicates
- Set a minimum and maximum file size for the images that will be scanned
- Scan all images or define a custom list of image formats that will be scanned
- Move duplicate image files to trash or remove them permanently
- Very fast and accurate algorithm for detecting similar images
- User-friendly interface for selecting the duplicate image files that will be removed
- Automatically select the duplicate image files that will be deleted by analysing their file size
- The cases where similar images are not selected properly for deletion will be highlighted accordingly
- Preview the currently selected image file so you can better identify the images you want to keep
- Real-time indicator of the disk space that will be saved with the removal of the selected image files
- Instantly move to trash/remove the selected duplicate image files
So purchase Image Cleaner today and remove those unnecessary image files from your hard drive.
- Support for dark mode in macOS Mojave and later
- Resizable app window
- Bugfix: Removing duplicate/similar images from the Photos library is now easier and works as expected
- Added support for RAW image formats when scanning the Photos library
- Minor bugfixes and user interface improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Useful - Thank You!
I really appreciate this utility help me sort out a large number of photos for genealogy purposes. I would like to suggest a couple of suggestions. 1) When you “clean” the photos how about depositing those photos in a folder on the desktop with the folder name - sometimes you might want to keep lesser quality photos for other purposes. 2) It is not transparent how you remove the name of the last scanned folder from the list. Thank you again.
Great app for getting rid of duplicate photos and freeing up hard drive space. The app is quite fast but it will max out your CPU, so it is not recommended to have other apps running when this app si scanning your hard drive. Overall, a solid app that gets the job done.
Easy to use
This is a good app for beginners. It has a simple user interface and you will get the hang of it right off the bat. Regarding its efficiency in finding duplicate images I would say it is above average and scanning speed is also very good. So, yeah, my advice is you can give this app a try.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.