Image Tricks Lite is a freeware photo editing application that utilizes macOS Core Image filters and Quartz Compositions to transform your favorite photos. Image Tricks Lite also contains a powerful image generator for creating random images, as well as photo frames and borders to decorate your images even further.
The Pro Edition of Image Tricks includes an additional:
• 42 image filters (total 160);
• 168 frames (total 192);
• 62 vector borders (total 74);
• 154 unique masks (total 225);
• 6 Quartz compositions (total 41);
• 7 image generators (total 20).
Tricks with Filters and Compositions:
• Adjust colors (Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Sepia, etc.)
• Blur images (Motion Blur, Sharpen Luminance, Unsharp Mask, etc.)
• Distort faces and more (Bump, Pinch, Twirl, etc.)
• Turn a photo into art (Mosaic, Color Pencil, Halftone, etc.)
• Blend two pictures together (Page Curl, Checkerboard, etc.)
• Tile an image, create a kaleidoscope out of it, crop it, and much more!
Picture Frames and Borders
• Large collections of both frames and borders for your photos.
• Zoom in and position your photo inside.
• Flip frames and apply shadows to them.
• Random images created using mathematical algorithms.
• Control all of the parameters with easy-to-use controls.
• Set the core colors of the generated image.
• Introduced "Use Background Color" in the Options dialog of Save/Export. Useful when a user doesn't want to preserve transparency, but use the background color instead.
• Added the ability to share an edited image to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more.
• New background images added.
• Improved program UI.
• Filter effects were revised and fixed where necessary.
• Filter parameters (Width, Radius, etc.) adopt to image size automatically when the picture is changed.
• Fixed the problem with incorrect transparency for some borders, frames and masks.
• Photo Effects: Chrome, Fade, Instant, Mono, Noir, Process, Tonal, Transfer were grouped together.
• Similar filters were grouped as following:
Kaleidoscope Tiles (Eightfold Reflected, Sixfold Reflected, Sixfold Rotated, Triangle Tile, Twelvefold Reflected);
Rectangular Tiles (Glide Reflected, Fourfold Rotated);
Acute Angle Tiles (Fourfold Reflected, Fourfold Translated).
• Fixed the problem with mouse/trackpad usage on Triangle Kaleidoscope filter.
• Removed filters: BL Sobel, BL Rectangular Splash, Accordion Ford Transition.
• Multiple other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great effects, but crashes constantly
I really like some of the effects. Especially the kaleidoscope and other similar effects. Very good. Except it crashes constantly, I have to save every step of the way and even then I can't be sure. Seems to happen mostly when in kaleidoscope mode changing the center position. It just freezes and refuses to respond. Sometimes I get the beachball and others I get an unexpected quit message but usually it just stops working and I have to force quit.
Haven't seen any reports of this in the ratings I did look at, but it might be worth mentioning that I have a brand new 2011 macbook pro, with the new intel graphics. Hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.
I still give it four stars because the kaleidoscope effect is so cool.
Great for Photo Manipulation!
There are so many fun and creative things you can do with your pics in this app--many I've never seen before. I enjoy just going through all the filters to create something unique to share. Love it!
Great app to convert graphics
I needed an app to convert graphics from one format to another and I’ve used this for several years now and it’s easy, never has a problem, and gets the job done!! Thank you!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.