Image Viewer is a simple and fast way to view images and photos. Quickly view all images for an entire folder and subfolders. View in windowed or full screen modes and enjoy full screen slide shows. Users can navigate using mouse, trackpad, and keyboard.
- Open an image file or an entire folder
- Drag an image file or folder into Image Viewer
- View single images or thumbnails
- Adjustable thumbnail size
- Search sub folders for images
- Zoom to fit, actual size, zoom in, zoom out
- Scrolls zoomed images and large images in actual size
- Full screen mode
- Slideshow with preferences for customization
- Supports retina display
- Supports trackpad swipe
- Supports mouse scroll wheel
- Mouse scroll wheel to advance images
- Mouse scroll wheel zoom when shift key is pressed
- Keyboard shortcuts for most functions
- Open in Finder and with Preview
- Open from and share to Photos
- Set image as desktop picture
- Move to trash to delete images
- Image Info window with EXIF data
- Safe sharing removes metadata before sharing
- Plays animated gif files
- Upsizing images
- Loop through
- Showing file names in thumbnail view
- Searching subfolders
- Size app to first opened image
- Size app to each image
- Reverse scroll wheel advance
- Launch app in Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Windowed
- Fade during slideshow
- Random order slideshow
- Don’t sleep during slideshow
- Slideshow delay time
Supported Image Formats:
jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif, png, psd, bmp
Supported RAW Image Formats:
nef, cr2, arw, raf
Image Viewer is a great way to look at your photos and images. Just give it a try!
We'd like to know how to improve Image Viewer, Contact us at Abacus Industries http://www.abacusindustriesinc.com
- Updated for macOS High Sierra.
- Minor bug fixes.
Please leave an updated review to help us improve the app. Thanks for your support!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
3.5 Stars, rounding up to 4
This is hands down the best app of its kind I have found for Mac, but is still not up to snuff.
I just want something that will allow me to open an image from finder and immediately be able to next/prev through all the images in the folder.
With this I can right click an image and "Open With" to open it in Image Viewer (great so far), but then then have to okay on the error message that it doesn't have permission to open a single image, then click Yes, I want to open the folder on the next window that pops up, then have to select the f'ing folder in the open dialog that then pops up. Why the hell does this take going through three dialog boxes if you know it knows I can't open the image. How about giving the me the option to just always open the folder containing the file I'm trying to open.
Works great…but one issue
This is a fine slide show program. But I have one issue. I generally use a clicker to change slides during presentations because my laptop is near the projector…at the back of the room, while I am at the front of the room. I use a generic remote slide changer, aka clicker, to change slides during my presentation. The clicker works well with other programs like Keynote, Word, Pages and other presentation type programs…but not with this slide program. This means I cannot change slides during a full screen display unless I am standing at the keyboard…
I don’t know if this is an issue that the developer can fix but if so, I encourage them to make their program compatible with remote slide changers…or clickers...
I’m absolutely loving this app!
I’m absolutely loving this app! It’s got almost everything I could ever want in an image viewing program. Plus some stuff I wasn’t expecting but am super pleased to find. Such as all the nice options in the preferences like shuffling the slide show, setting delay time on the slide show, fading from slide to slide, and also choosing to be able to search sub folders.
The only minor complaints I have at the moment are this: zooming in with pinching out works, but it’s a bit shaky. And lastly, I do miss being able to crop images like you can in the preview app. But those are not a huge issue, and the overall performance of the app is terrific! Thank you for making this! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.