Image Viewer is a simple and fast way to view images and photos. Quickly view all images for an entire folder and subfolders. View in windowed or full screen modes and enjoy full screen slide shows. Users can navigate using mouse, trackpad, and keyboard.
- Open an image file or an entire folder
- Drag an image file or folder into Image Viewer
- View single images or thumbnails
- Adjustable thumbnail size
- Search sub folders for images
- Zoom to fit, actual size, zoom in, zoom out
- Scrolls zoomed images and large images in actual size
- Full screen mode
- Slideshow with preferences for customization
- Supports retina display
- Supports trackpad swipe
- Supports mouse scroll wheel
- Mouse scroll wheel to advance images
- Mouse scroll wheel zoom when shift key is pressed
- Keyboard shortcuts for most functions
- Open in Finder and with Preview
- Open from and share to Photos
- Set image as desktop picture
- Move to trash to delete images
- Image Info window with EXIF data
- Safe sharing removes metadata before sharing
- Plays animated gif files
- Upsizing images
- Loop through
- Showing file names in thumbnail view
- Searching subfolders
- Size app to first opened image
- Size app to each image
- Reverse scroll wheel advance
- Launch app in Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Full Screen
- Dark gray or black background - Windowed
- Fade during slideshow
- Random order slideshow
- Don’t sleep during slideshow
- Slideshow delay time
Supported Image Formats:
jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif, png, psd, bmp
Supported RAW Image Formats:
nef, cr2, arw, raf
Image Viewer is a great way to look at your photos and images. Just give it a try!
We'd like to know how to improve Image Viewer, Contact us at Abacus Industries http://www.abacusindustriesinc.com
- Updated for macOS High Sierra.
- Minor bug fixes.
Please leave an updated review to help us improve the app. Thanks for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Works great…but one issue
This is a fine slide show program. But I have one issue. I generally use a clicker to change slides during presentations because my laptop is near the projector…at the back of the room, while I am at the front of the room. I use a generic remote slide changer, aka clicker, to change slides during my presentation. The clicker works well with other programs like Keynote, Word, Pages and other presentation type programs…but not with this slide program. This means I cannot change slides during a full screen display unless I am standing at the keyboard…
I don’t know if this is an issue that the developer can fix but if so, I encourage them to make their program compatible with remote slide changers…or clickers...
This is my must have app!
I have tried many image or photo viewing programs in the past and was very happy to find this app. It can load thousands of photos in just a few seconds. It supports the RAW files from my DSLR camera and shows the EXIF information. I really like the layout, keyboard commands, mouse scroll wheel support, and user preferences. The interface is simple and works great! Update: Really like the changes to the app and backing up during a random slideshow is great!!!
This is the best view app I have found for the iMac. Wish it worked more like the windows view program, I would love to be able to open it in photoshop from inside the image view.
This is the app I have been looking for a long time. Well worth the money. If it has a delete button I can’t find it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.