ImageBuffet is a simple, efficient, and intuitive image viewer and browser. If you've found Preview to be lacking, this is the image viewer for you.
ImageBuffet really shines when viewing folders full of images. Simply drag a folder or folders full of images onto ImageBuffet to very quickly browse through them. It can also find all the images in your Pictures folder with a single click. ImageBuffet can easily handle thousands of images at once.
You can very easily assign Finder labels to image files, copy them, or move them to the Trash. You can also easily import images into Photos, share them via various social networks, or view them as a slide show.
ImageBuffet has extensive keyboard shortcuts, and supports many gestures with a trackpad or Magic Mouse.
• Quickly browse thousands of image thumbnails with the image browser view.
• View all images in your Photos library.
• Zoom any image to actual size, to fit the window, or to any arbitrary size.
• Easily share images via email, Messages, AirDrop, and various social networks.
• One-click import into Photos.
• View a slide show from any number of images.
• Quick Look any image.
• Extensive keyboard shortcuts
• Gesture support with magic mouse or trackpad
• Full screen mode
• Supports many image formats including PNG, JPEG, GIF (including animated), TIFF, various RAW formats, and others. If Preview.app can open it, so can ImageBuffet.
• Looks fantastic with a Retina display.
• Includes online help.
• Compatible with macos Mojave, including Dark Mode.
• Improvements for macOS Mojave (including Dark Mode)
Ratings and Reviews
Not ready for use, premature stage of development
Opening a folder shows pictures from all subfolders as well. No choice to turn that off.
- as a result, 6,000+ images each 20mb in size got imported, which slowed down the whole computer, and eventually lead to a crash of the application, even though I chose to exit prior to that.
* There is no way to limit the display of images to only certain type, like JPG, when other type like CR2 is present too.
* No way to navigate within folders, you only get 1 Open Folder choice, whatever you select, that’s it, all pictures show within there and subfolder too, no navigation possible.
* Opening another Folder next time takes you to My Pictures again, wouldn’t it make sense I want to load from same place as last time? It won’t let you, it takes you to My Pictures folders.
* Last folders would be nice to see along the top, next to the Slideshow button, so you can witch among folders
* Memory usage issues, maybe all viewed is loaded into memory leading to slowdowns of the computer and eventual crashes
Image loading shows an annoying spinning progress bar in the middle of the picture. Instead of that there shoul be a Green Checkmark or something above the picture, to show new picture finished loading.
No refund from Apple store, so you will be stuck.
When magnifying, there is no whole-picture representation showing you where within the big picture your magnified area is.
This application just hasn’t been tested by real users, this should be a free application, the developer should get some feedback, make it a usable application, and charge only at that point.
This feedback came after less than 5 minutes of using the application. So about 10 negative issues to comment on, the only positive one is that it does show pictures.
* crash while looking through a folder of 133 pictures (only)
* magic mouse left-right loads differently than keyboard left-right
* can’t delete files with CMD-Delete, and no Delete Icon either when viewing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.