MAKE MUSIC ANYWHERE
Produce tracks on the go with iMASCHINE 2 and share your creations with the world.
///MAKE. ARRANGE. SHARE.
Create a beat on 16 pads with hundreds of professional sounds. Use the Smart Play keyboard to add melodies and basslines that are always in-key. Spice up your track with vocal and field recordings or sample directly from iTunes. Use Apple’s 3D Touch technology to optimize your workflow and get even more creative.
The Arranger in iMASCHINE 2 lets you turn your loops and scenes into full tracks with the swipe of a finger. Add parts quickly and easily. Change the color of your pads or groups to see your entire arrangement at a glance – rearranging and editing tracks on-the-go has never been quicker or easier.
Share your creations with the world by uploading them directly to Soundcloud. Or export your projects to the MASCHINE 2 software and continue working on them in the studio with your full MASCHINE hardware setup.
///KEY FEATURES OVERVIEW
- Use 16 pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device
- Quickly create beats without finger drumming using Step Mode
- Use the Arranger to structure your track by adding, moving, and deleting different patterns on the fly
- Play always-in-key melodies and basslines by combining Chord, Scale, and Arpeggiator features with the Smart Play keyboard
- Use Note Repeat in Keyboard and Drum Pad Modes to create rolls, fills, and fast note attacks with note ranges from 1/4 notes to 1/32 notes
- Better organize your sounds using multi-colored pads and groups
- Optimize your workflow using Quick Actions with Apple 3D Touch for app and pad shortcuts*
- Control the velocity or rate of note repeat depending on how hard you press the screen using 3D Touch*
- Capture vocals, field recordings, or any audio from the microphone on your iOS device
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Mix your sounds and choose from professional audio effects
- Open your existing iMASCHINE projects effortlessly in iMASCHINE 2
- Start building tracks immediately with the included extended iMASCHINE 2 library, featuring over 300 MB of content: 19 projects, 38 drum kits and over 750 samples
- Choose from a huge collection of additional drum kits, projects and instrument sounds from top sound designers and renowned artists with iMASCHINE Expansions – available at the In-App Expansions Store
- No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production
- Learn how to use the app and discover helpful tricks with the New Features Notification function
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud and share it with the world
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. Projects exported to MASCHINE support multiple Scenes as well as Pad and Group colors.
- Universal App. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all iOS devices registered to that iTunes account
*iPhone 6s and 6s Plus only
Requires iOS 12.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments, used by professional producers all around the world. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
Thanks for using iMASCHINE 2 and leaving us your valuable feedback.
For version 2.2.2 we fixed a layout with keyboard mode on 10.5" and 11" iPads.
For help, tips and tricks, please visit the iMaschine 2 Forum: (https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/imaschine.293/)
Ratings and Reviews
The App That Time Forgot...
This app is good for what it was intended to do: get done rough ideas for songs and tracks using quality (44.1 kHz and 16-bit? SERIOUSLY?!!?) sounds/samples. But two years or so and countless soundpacks later, I’m looking for a swing function that DOESN’T affect all 4 tracks, MIDI support for playing keyboard parts (because large fingers don’t work well on small keys), and addressing a bug that causes the app to crash after saving custom drum kits (ever since iOS 11!!). I also agree with another reviewer who mentioned that file management (as well as importing and exporting projects to something OTHER THAN MASCHINE, which is something many of us DON’T have) needs to be better and more integrated. It’s sorta “bassackwards” to develop all of these soundpacks (again...44.1 and 16?!!?) and ignore the framework and usability of the app itself. I mean, thanks for the addition of effects and all, but at this rate, NI shoulda added this app among their numerous updates and additions to their arsenal of products across the board. Maybe an iM3 wouldn’t be too much to ask these days...?
This App is Good But Needs Improvements
The number one thing needed is cloud support. Actually all of their product would benefit from cloud services that way you would be able to sync all projects cross all your devices and their products instead of needing work arounds when changing devices or want projects for the computer app or vice versa.
Also they need to update this for iPad Pro 11” because there are big boards around the app. I don’t think they update this app much because it seems like they aren’t trying to improve the app in general because they know it’s good. But the thing is it could be better with small changes that could drastically change the user experience.
If they could fix those complaints this app would be A+ because outside of those complaints it’s really good. It’s a slightly simpler version of desktop version which is a good thing on a mobile device.
I had been contemplating getting this app for some time because I didn't know how fluid it would be far as making beats on a mobile device but after reading reviews and taking a chance, I was amazed. The interface is smooth and looks great. There's no lag and it quantizes sounds perfectly. You may struggle at first but once you get going. It's hard to stop. What really makes this app great is the ability to export this right into Maschine on your computer and pick up where you left off to do even more. By no means is this app perfect or meant for full production but if you're out and about and got an idea come to mind, look at this as a sketch pad to get those ideas out, transfer them, and go in more once you get home! Also you can get all the expansion packs separately for one price of $9.99. Which is a great deal so you can't beat it!
- Native Instruments GmbH
- 498.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019, Native Instruments GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Arcane Attic $0.99
- Amplified Funk $0.99
- Astral Flutter $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.