iMazing Converter is the first 100% free solution to easily convert pictures and videos taken in the new HEIC/HEIF and HEVC formats. Easy to use, efficient, and compatible with older macOS versions, it's a cute little utility we hope you'll find useful!
- Convert HEIC files to JPEG or PNG
- Convert HEVC (H265) files to MPEG-4 (H264)
- Adjustable compression/quality and resolution of JPEG or MPEG-4 output
- Preserve EXIF data when converting to JPG
- Super easy to use: drag and drop files or folders and hit Convert
- Compatible with older macOS versions (10.9 Mavericks and higher)
Version 2 adds the following features:
- Convert HEVC (H.265) videos to MPEG-4 (H.264)
- Customize compression/quality ratio of MPEG-4 (H.264) output
- Customize resolution ratio of MPEG-4 (H.264) output
- Customize resolution ratio of JPEG output
Fixes in 2.0.9:
- Fixed conversion issues on some HEIF files without thumbnails (META.IREF missing)
Fixes in 2.0.8:
- Fixed a crash when generating thumbnails on some HEIF files
Fixes in 2.0.7:
- Fixed an issue causing image tiles to be rendered out of order for specific image dimensions
Fixes in 2.0.6:
- Fixed a crash converting some live photos
Fixes in 2.0.5:
- Improved memory usage and stability
Fixes in 2.0.3:
- Increased quality of JPEG high quality setting slightly
- Improved error reporting
- Improved stability
Fixes in 2.0.2:
- Fixed an issue that could cause some video files to be converted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue converting files to a directory with special characters.
- Added support for .heif or .hif file extensions.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well and easy
Leave it to apple to create a new type of file that wont work on any software that allows you to select photos and create photo books. I only found this out after a long time of trying to figure out why 4 different sites I tried to download wouldn't still not pick up or even see these random photos. Then I saw they are a file type heic. There is no rhyme or reason where one daylight photo is jpg and then the next picture which was the same daylight and type of picture in the same location as previous shows heic. This did allow you to convert to jpg file type. I was then able to import it into my pictures to be able to see and select from .
I am using this HEIC Converter on a MacBook Air with Mojave. I dropped 15 into the converter and chose where to save them (my external HDD). It was done within approximately 2 seconds or faster. Probably one of the simplest most efficient programs I've seen for free especially. I read a number of tech reviews from sites I consider reliable before installing and using this App. So far happy with it. After reading, I see the advantage to HEIF or in this case HEIC files. However, I need the photos in a more widely used format as well. Thanks!
For those of you who this app doesn’t work for
Ok, so I had the same issues of dropping .HEIC files on the app and nothing happened. While on the phone with Apple to try and convert the files to .JPG file format, I discovered that all my files that were labeled .HEIC files, were in reality JPEG files. I just renamed the files to .JPG and they opened just fine. What I suppose might be happening is that I transferred my photos using Photo Transfer App on my phone and Mac. The files came over converted to JPEG, but the file names still had .HEIC extension, so I assumed that they were HEIC and tried using this converter. It didn’t work and the reason it didn’t was because the files were actually JPEGs with .HEIC extension.. So, if this converter doesn’t work, try renaming your files to .JPG and see if they open.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DigiDNA SARL
- 11.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 DigiDNA SARL