iMazing Profile Editor lets you create, edit, and sign Apple configuration profiles. Define settings with ease, ready to be deployed locally or via MDM to fleets of iPhones, iPads, Macs, and other Apple devices.
A convenient and intuitive user interface generates standard-compliant configuration profiles, saving the need to manually code XML files.
Powerful deep search capabilities help locate the right setting by property title, name, or description, and modified-only saving ensures that only these settings end up inside of the profile, avoiding key clutter.
Customize the app to suite your workflows with display filters, and confidently deploy organizational settings to unlimited employees, students, and customers by digitally signing profiles.
Apple configuration profile (.mobileconfig files) creation, loading, and saving.
Configuration property search by section, domain, title, description, and name.
Fine-grained settings database for system preferences and restrictions, Apple apps, and for over forty third-party macOS apps as well.
On the fly property and payload validation.
Support for custom configuration domains via user PFM files.
Workspace customization using platform filters.
Profile signing with KeyChain certificates.
Payload export as Plist.
Configuration profiles generated with iMazing Profile Editor are compatible with Apple devices and with any conforming software or service, including profile-supporting MDM services. iMazing Profile Editor also supports exporting configured payloads for MDM services that only accept domain-specific Plist files.
## What's New in iMazing Profile Editor 1.6.2 for macOS
### Improvements in 1.6.2
* iMazing Profile Editor now bundles the latest preference updates introduced with iOS 16.
## Fixes in 1.6.2
* Resolved a condition that led to reversion of entered field value when pressing the Escape key.
* Resolved a condition that prevented dismissal of certain notices on macOS Monterey.
* Fixed an issue that prevented a setting in the save panel to take effect.
* Fixed an issue that in some cases prevented immediate evaluation of preference key requirement.
* Fixed a rare visual glitch in the display of platform tag.
* Fixed a visual glitch in sizing data field buttons.
## What's New in iMazing Profile Editor 1.6.1 for macOS
### Fixes in 1.6.1
* Fixed an issue that led to app crashes on a small set of payloads.
* Fixed a regression that prevented interacting with custom dictionary properties.
## What's New in iMazing Profile Editor 1.6.0 for macOS
### Improvements in 1.6.0
* Platform tags now feature version and lifecycle stage information.
* Platform tags added to configured sections and to individual preference keys. On keys, tags appear by default only if the individual key's versions are divergent from the payload's.
* Target devices version range can now be entered to receive out-of-range alerts on configured preference keys.
* Key requirement is now ignored in nested-required keys whose container is not required and is not written out to the profile.
* Documentation buttons added to individual preference keys where available.
### Fixes in 1.6.0
* Fixed an issue that affected payload scrolling with a mouse.
* Fixed an issue that prevented saving profiles with VPN tunnels configured.
Ratings and Reviews
Praise be to the app developer!! This a great tool to crafft and sign custom config profiles, especially for macOS. MDM vendors may not support a native Apple payload (or offer all the perference keys!) so this is a great way to add custom configruations for your Mac fleet. If you used the open source (non-maintained) ProfileCreator, this app is maintained and updated with new payloads on a regular basis.
Nice .mobileconfig generation!
Better than Apple Configurator, because it has macOS profiles and you can search for the keys! I hope the developer updates this regularly with new keys as Apple adds them.
Could you support customized dictionary type like Profile Creator?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DigiDNA SARL
- 27.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 DigiDNA Sàrl