"Every individual element of Imbroglio’s design coalesces into an elegantly complex whole. Nothing is out of place. It’s the kind of game that I just want to think and talk about all the time." - Pocket Tactics review
Finalist for Excellence in Design, Independent Games Festival 2017.
Named best game of 2016 by iPhone GameCast.
Named one of the ten best British games of 2016 by Kotaku UK.
Honorable Mention for Best Mobile Game in Game Developers Choice awards 2017.
Survive in an ever-shifting labyrinth filled with vicious monsters and valuable gemstones. Choose your hero, arm them with magical weapons, spend runes to invoke special powers, and fight for a high score in this deck-building tactics game where the deck is the dungeon.
At least four enigmatic enemies to battle.
Eight different heroes to play as.
Thirty-two weapons to level up.
Substantial balance update. Scoreboards are refreshed, but your old scores are saved as well (so you don't lose unlocks).
updates to Imbroglio:
- Count Harry IV: penalty now outlaws other weapons like Echo Harp that cause ranged damage, not just direct ranged attacks.
- Masina Rebel Queen: ability cost halved, penalty doubled.
- Whetstone: damage to 11111, strengthen other weapons at II and IV.
- Amulet of Immortals: respawns at a random location instead of on the amulet.
- Rusty Caltrops: IV replaced with I - stun here when an enemy dies.
- Bashing Warclub: IV text clarified.
- Menacing Cleaver: damage increased from 11123 to 11223.
- Blinding Lantern: I now affects all enemies (instead of one random).
- Malign Wand: IV replaced with I - restore mana.
- Poisoned Chalice: 0 now affects all enemies (instead of one random).
- Forbidden Scroll: IV is now "spend to kill enemies outside".
- Entangling Rope: 0 affects a random enemy instead of enemies of the same kind, I has percentages restored to 25/50/75/100.
- Geomantic Orb: I moved to 0, IV effect triggers when previous effect activates instead of on kill.
- Dream Wheel: IV moved to 0 but only triggers at night, new stun effect at I.
- Morphic Mirror: the spend targets all enemies hit by the 0 effect, instead of the one hit by the initial attack (interacts with Battery).
- menu button positions adjusted for phones with missing screen corners.
updates to Ossuary:
- Festerfang Venom: IV moved to I, damage to 11112.
- Jagged Saw: new IV effect.
- Brainspoon: 0 no longer costs mana. controlled enemies can damage each other and the hero.
- Skeleton Key: IV moved to I and limited by level.
- Dragon Skull: fixed bug with current mana not being reduced when the maximum drops.
- Forged Sigil: 1 additional rune per level.
- Runestaff: 0 cost halved and II moved to I.
- Skeleton Key and Vesuvius Bob: when targeting a wall, select which ability to use (instead of applying both).
updates to Phlogiston:
- Thunderbolt Jade: ability now affects random nearest uncharged weapon, so it has an effect when the current weapon is already charged.
- Oko the Gnome: ability cost increased by half.
- Storm Hammer: I triggers on kill instead of discharge.
- Cosmic Battery: 0 triggers from any spend, not just mana.
- Sacrificial Altar: damage reduced from 11223 to 11123.
- Esoteric Prism: IV runes increased by half.
- Extension Cord: IV has range and is given lower priority than enemies.
- Lightning Rod: I is affected by all weapons above (not just immediate) and IV affects all weapons below.
- Ectoplasm Capacitor: 0 now works correctly.
- Alembic: percentages dropped (50 to 33).
- Philosopher's Stone: gems on levelup halved, and hero takes damage instead of reducing maximum.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty Perfect (when you lose it will be entirely your fault)
One of the truly rate games where skillful play is more important than luck or IAPs (of which there are none except for the expansion pack). A massive variety of weapons, adventurers, and monsters; All balanced to perfection. At first, you won't know why you are dying so fast, but keep playing and the light will come on.
And... iPhone X native screen support!
Brilliant! Huge replayability
I’ve played hundreds of games for 30 years. I am very picky and most games bore me. This game is great. It can be replayed over and over because you can change the “tiles” that the character attacks from.
Great game; Crashes on iOS 11
Imbroglio is a simple, yet engaging game that will keep you coming back. Setting up fun boards to play on is great and the options for how to play are many.
Please address the app crashes caused by iOS 11. The app often crashes on startup, but once you get it going (after potentially many tries) it works fine.
- Michael Brough
- 61.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Michael Brough
- In-App Purchases
- Imbroglio: Ossuary $1.99
- Imbroglio: Phlogiston $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.