IMDb: Movies & TV Shows 12+
Tickets, trailers, and ratings
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity information. Watch trailers, get showtimes, and buy tickets for upcoming films. Rate and review shows you've seen and track what you want to watch using your Watchlist. IMDb takes you behind the scenes with exclusive IMDb Originals, celebrity interviews, and more. Stay up to date with entertainment news, awards, and events.
Discover what to watch - and where to watch it:
• Browse popular favorites and personalized top picks
• Compare watch options to find the best place to watch any title
• Read user and critic reviews
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips
Sign in to:
• Get personalized recommendations for shows and movies
• Track what you want to watch with your Watchlist
• Rate and review what you've watched
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create and share lists of movies, shows, and celebrities
• Search for more than 6 million shows, movies, and entertainment programs - and more than 10 million cast and crew members
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, top rated movies, popular shows, celebrity birthdays, and more
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets directly from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at http://spr.ly/IMDbApp_iOS
By using this app, you agree to IMDb's Conditions of Use (https://www.imdb.com/conditions?ref_=ft_cou) and Privacy Notice (https://www.imdb.com/privacy).
We've been working on several bug fixes and app improvements. Thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and Reviews
Fellow Movie Nerds
This app is for you. If you love movies the way I do then you need IMDb. You can search for all the movies you’re interested in and find a lot of new ones on the way. The latter of which occurs a lot, almost enough that it’s turned into a bad thing. But don’t worry if you don’t think you’ll be able to remember all the shows and movies you’re interested in, because IMDb has a watchlist. This watchlist was the worst and best thing that’s happened to me, because I have probably 60 and counting shows and movies on there. This watchlist keeps all the shows or movies you want to watch on hold, so you won’t forget about them, and will be able to watch them later (a lot later for me). The only bad thing about IMDb is that there are too many movies and tv shows thrown at me that I have to put on my watchlist, and that it’s average compared to other apps when talking about lagging, glitches, etc. Fellow movie nerds, get IMDb.
P.S. I like the thing about Interstellar IMDb put on new notes, that movie is incredibly good and is my number two movie out of the 250+ I have watched (only behind Inception).
I love the app...
Edit: Thanks to the devs for responding to the issue. It's either stopped or you fixed it! I love the app! It's helpful and I use it a lot!
**previous review** Recently there has been an invisible ad that pops up when I search for something. I don't have a problem with ads if it keeps the app free, my issue is that I can't click on anything while it's there. Example: I open the app and search for a title, on the search page an empty see-through box appears. If you try to click on something behind/within the box it goes to a video ad. There's no other way around it. I'm not sure if it's on purpose - again I don't mind ads to keep the app free - but it's a little intrusive in that I can't get around it. If it is on purpose, like I need to watch it before continuing, then the feature needs a tune up. The only way to get around it is to close the app entirely and go back in and start over.
Otherwise I love the app, use it a lot, it's very helpful and in my opinion the app is even better than the actual website.
Developer Response ,
Yes, we fixed it! Thanks
Been using IMDB since the beginning of time but....
Excellent app, I use it daily, and always on the fly for a quick search. However with the last update you made the default load page not ‘Search’ but ‘Home’. This is a huge problem for me. First, the ‘Home’ page by design is cool, but because it’s loading content it’s slower to load. Instinctively I expect the home page to have a search bar but it doesn’t. So by the time the page loads I realize I have to manually click the ‘Search’ option in the lower bar. While this isn’t a huge problem, it adds the extra step of me having to having to click the search icon, which is counter-intuitive. This wasn’t the design in all previous IMDB updates, why the change now? This would be a 5 star review but because of the un-intuitive design I’m giving it 3. Not going to lie, I’ve used IMDB less and Google more for quick searches. Please either allow for a ‘Default’ setting where the user can choose what loads on startup or put a search bar on the ‘Home’ page. Even the latter, quick searches mean fast results, and having to wait for a ‘Home’ page to load and cache content every time I start the app doesn’t allow for rapid results.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 130.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 1990-2023 IMDb.com, Inc.