Imgur is the easiest way to discover spicy memes, pets in sweaters, awe-inspiring science facts, video game Easter eggs, and all the rest of the Internet’s most entertaining stuff. Your phone is about to get a whole lot funnier.
• We're proud to have a community where anyone can post a picture of a corgi butt and be Internet-famous the very same day. Cast your vote to decide what goes viral.
• Every minute there’s a fresh batch of posts that will make you smile and restore your faith in humanity.
• Explore your passions. Movies, comics, puns, cosplay, art, fail GIFs, board games, First World problems, Pokemon. Whatever you’re into, you’ll find more of it on Imgur.
• Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? You will now.
• This release fixes a number of small bugs, issues, and improves ad performance.
• Introducing a new ad product: the Headliner. This is a new ad product that will appear at the top of the "most viral / user sub" section. This ad will only be present during direct campaigns, and will include the ability to dismiss the ad.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inferior to the mobile website
I look at imgur for images not for comments. If I want comments I’ll look at reddit. The problem with the mobile app is that each post is cluttered with other annoying and unwanted information such as comments, links, and tags and there is an unwanted toolbar persistent at the bottom of the screen. The result is that only 50% of the screen is dedicated to the actual image. Also, on the website, if you click the ‘view more’ button, it expands the the additional posts inline. The app takes you to a different page, requiring going back and forth a lot. Personally I hate this and much prefer the contiguous browsing experience of the website.
All in the app provides an very unpleasant image viewing experience.
As an aside, that you can no longer hide the ‘view in app’ button on the mobile website is pretty effing obnoxious. How bout this- make the app better than the website, catering to my and I assume others desire to view images more fluidly.
It gets worse every time
Let me first correct the description: Imgur is not the easiest way to discover spicy memes. There is a fresh batch of spambot posts every minute. Your phone is about to get slower, hotter, and most definitely less funny.
Recent updates have proven the company has loss regard for its users and focused a little too much on how the can extract money by making viewing posts less user friendly by the minute. I understand that this is a free app and a business model must make money, but beware of floating ad bars, adds between every few posts, adds in the middle of threads, and so on. And they aren't just ads; they are intrusive, prompt users to download malware on the regular, show pornographic images, and freeze a post when they fail to load (which, again, is a common occurrence). When I joined a few years ago, I would have, without a doubt, given Imgur 6 stars. This is the only way we are able to speak up, as posts challenging the company are deleted within the app itself.
They don’t care about the community
The Imgur Devs seem to pride themselves on having at least decent interactions with their community in the past. There was a kind of trust that the devs wouldn’t do anything to drastic to sellout the users. For example, around a year ago they made a promise that they would never have intrusive advertisements, only banner ads. Well they have either forgotten their promises or have decided that they don’t care about the users anymore, since ads will now show up in the middle of posts. I understand that companies that provide a product for “free” need to make revenue somehow, but this is too far. Making ads in intrusive places where people can accidentally click on them, (yes we know it’s on purpose), will turn users away. Not to mention all the malware and dangerous ads that can appear both on the app and website. I’ve been on Imgur since basically the beginning, and it has gone from a small company that I adored to just another sellout.
- Imgur, Inc.
- 114.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Imgur, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.