Imgur is the easiest way to discover spicy memes, pets in sweaters, awe-inspiring science facts, video game Easter eggs, and all the rest of the Internet’s most entertaining stuff. Your phone is about to get a whole lot funnier.
• We're proud to have a community where anyone can post a picture of a corgi butt and be Internet-famous the very same day. Cast your vote to decide what goes viral.
• Every minute there’s a fresh batch of posts that will make you smile and restore your faith in humanity.
• Explore your passions. Movies, comics, puns, cosplay, art, fail GIFs, board games, First World problems, Pokemon. Whatever you’re into, you’ll find more of it on Imgur.
• Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? You will now.
Bad ads begone. We’ve improved our ad code to further prevent auto-redirecting advertisements by bad advertisers.
Ratings and Reviews
Great and (at times) Enlightening Time-waster
This community is fantastic, even the trolls make you laugh at times. If you have yet to experience Imgur, please do yourself a favor and try it out.... sometimes it can take a couple of days to get hooked and see the beauty of this community. It’s five star hands down.
Now as for this version... I gave it four stars because the notifications seems broken, at least for me. It shows that I have them but when I open the app and select notifications it never generates anything other than “Imgur-verse” instructionals. I know how hard you guys work to squash these little bugs, which I’m uber thankful for, and I’m hopeful this will be corrected shortly.
Inferior to the mobile website
I look at imgur for images not for comments. If I want comments I’ll look at reddit. The problem with the mobile app is that each post is cluttered with other annoying and unwanted information such as comments, links, and tags and there is an unwanted toolbar persistent at the bottom of the screen. The result is that only 50% of the screen is dedicated to the actual image. Also, on the website, if you click the ‘view more’ button, it expands the the additional posts inline. The app takes you to a different page, requiring going back and forth a lot. Personally I hate this and much prefer the contiguous browsing experience of the website.
All in the app provides an very unpleasant image viewing experience.
As an aside, that you can no longer hide the ‘view in app’ button on the mobile website is pretty effing obnoxious. How bout this- make the app better than the website, catering to my and I assume others desire to view images more fluidly.
It gets worse every time
Let me first correct the description: Imgur is not the easiest way to discover spicy memes. There is a fresh batch of spambot posts every minute. Your phone is about to get slower, hotter, and most definitely less funny.
Recent updates have proven the company has loss regard for its users and focused a little too much on how the can extract money by making viewing posts less user friendly by the minute. I understand that this is a free app and a business model must make money, but beware of floating ad bars, adds between every few posts, adds in the middle of threads, and so on. And they aren't just ads; they are intrusive, prompt users to download malware on the regular, show pornographic images, and freeze a post when they fail to load (which, again, is a common occurrence). When I joined a few years ago, I would have, without a doubt, given Imgur 6 stars. This is the only way we are able to speak up, as posts challenging the company are deleted within the app itself.
- Imgur, Inc.
- 90 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Imgur, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.