Imgur is the easiest way to discover spicy memes, pets in sweaters, awe-inspiring science facts, video game Easter eggs, and all the rest of the Internet’s most entertaining stuff. Your phone is about to get a whole lot funnier.
• We're proud to have a community where anyone can post a picture of a corgi butt and be Internet-famous the very same day. Cast your vote to decide what goes viral.
• Every minute there’s a fresh batch of posts that will make you smile and restore your faith in humanity.
• Explore your passions. Movies, comics, puns, cosplay, art, fail GIFs, board games, First World problems, Pokemon. Whatever you’re into, you’ll find more of it on Imgur.
• Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? You will now.
NEW IN VERSION 2021.17.0
- There’s no place like home (or User Sub). The app will remember which section of Imgur you left off with last and resume your browsing there. This resolves an issue that took User Sub regulars back to Most Viral with every new session.
- A new ad will appear as you scroll deeper into the comments section on a post. We strive for a quality ad experience and welcome reports of bad ads at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Not what it used to be
Imgur, after being a member for 4 years I deleted my account and your app from my devices. I used your product to catch a laugh and see some cool stuff. Now, I sort through political bogus constantly and your app is nothing like what it was. I am afraid to say, your community has become a political breeding ground for bias news and unchecked facts. (And I don’t even support Trump but some of that stuff on there is just putting noise in people’s heads. It’s close to the election so I understand it’s a front page topic, but the negativity toward Trump with not one opposing view or slight toward the other side is shameful.)
I will return should your rules change to sort out political nonsense. Until then, I wish you the best in your communities future.
Memes, Politics, Vitriol
Let’s just start off by saying it’s no longer what it used to be. I joined imgur in 2014 after a year or so of lurking. Imgur was in its prime, constant newly shared content, memes, etc. The point based system was addicting and trying to share new and funny things to connect with the community was exciting. Eventually though, it strayed away from being an exciting, open and accepting community to one of a single purpose, “you’re either with us or against us, you either agree with us, or we’re going to erase you from the platform.” I’m not talking about the developers and creators, I’m talking about the community. The community has essentially destroyed what imgur once was. These days imgur is strictly about politics and making sure you’re on their side and you agree with their policies more so than about connecting people and sharing content. If you join imgur I suggest staying off the front page as it is full of anger, hatred and vitriol, if you disagree with someone they will make sure others attack you for what you believe in. Imgur is no longer an accepting community, but a haven for rude and insensitive people looking to tear down whatever it is you believe in.
An actual detriment to even have downloaded
My main problem with the Imgur mobile site is that it massively downgraded the quality of images, which is annoying for normal pictures but is actually crippling for your ability to read any text on the images that’s somewhat small. Zooming in or opening the image in a new tab do nothing to help.
I assumed downloading the app would let me see things in full resolution. It’s annoying that you need to log in and select topics of interest. The fact that it tries to create a feed for you makes it feel like the app is trying to force you to treat it like reddit or a social media site where you just scroll through an infinite feed. That’s not what I and most people use Imgur for, and it’s just an awkward thing.
Even beyond the minor annoyances, the biggest issue is that it doesn’t at all improve the quality, and it prevents you from opening anything on the mobile website by automatically redirecting you to the app.
This second part is a huge problem because the only actual way to view images in high quality is through the “request desktop website” function on the safari browser app, which you can’t do if you have the Imgur app downloaded because it won’t let you open the Imgur mobile website at all, meaning you can’t switch over to the desktop site to actually view your images.
So needless to say I’ve deleted the app and am actively searching for an alternative to Imgur that isn’t such a dumpster fire to use on mobile.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Imgur, Inc.
- 84.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2021 Imgur, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- All Access $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.