Immuni is the official exposure notification app of the Italian government, developed by the Extraordinary Commissioner for the COVID-19 Emergency, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry for Innovation Technology and Digitalization. The app is developed and released in full compliance with the protection of the user's personal data and with current legislation, including the law-decree of April 30, 2020, n. 28.
In the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic, the app aims to notify users at risk of carrying the virus as early as possible—even when they are asymptomatic. These users can then self-isolate to avoid infecting others, minimising the spread of the virus and speeding up the return to normal life for the majority of the population. By being alerted early, these users can also contact their general practitioner promptly and lower the risk of serious consequences.
The system is based on Bluetooth Low Energy technology, which is designed to be especially energy-efficient, and it doesn’t collect any geolocation data, including GPS data. The app does not (and cannot) collect any data that would identify the user, such as their name, date of birth, address, telephone number, or email address. Therefore, Immuni is able to determine that contact has taken place between two users without knowing who those users are and where the contact occurred.
Here is a list of some of the measures by which Immuni protects the user’s privacy:
• The minimum amount of data is collected—only data which is strictly necessary to support and improve the exposure notification system.
• The Bluetooth Low Energy code transmitted by the app is generated randomly and does not contain any information about the user's smartphone, let alone the user. In addition, this code changes several times every hour, protecting user privacy even more.
• The data saved on the smartphone is encrypted.
• The connections between the app and the server are encrypted.
• All data, whether stored on the device or on the server, is deleted when no longer relevant, and certainly no later than December 31, 2020.
• The Ministry of Health is the body that collects the data and decides for which purposes to use it. The data is used solely with the aim of containing the COVID-19 epidemic or for scientific research.
• The data is stored on servers in Italy and managed by public bodies.
Immuni does not and cannot diagnose. Based on the user’s history of exposure to potentially contagious users, it makes recommendations about what to do next. However, the app is not a medical device and is certainly not a substitute for a doctor.
Immuni is a valuable tool in the fight against this horrendous epidemic, and every single user increases its overall effectiveness. It is strongly recommended to install the app, use it correctly, and encourage friends and loved ones to do likewise. However, nobody is compelled to use it. It is entirely the individual’s choice.
Minor bug fixes and app stability improved
Ratings and Reviews
Still does not work without SSN
I received a negative covid test from a pharmacy, a paper document attesting to this, and an email instruction for using the Immuni app. Unfortunately the entry fields do not accept input without an SSN, and there are no clear indications of “type” and “number” on my paper test result document, corresponding to the email instructions for the contingency of no SSN.
Additionally, the AUTHCODE entry field does not accept additional input beyond the 12 character authcode itself. So I have to conclude that this app still doesn’t work for users without an SSN, contrary to the instructions.
What to do
I’m in Coral Springs FLORIDA. Broward County. Nobody is is doing this at all. And Miami , Broward, and Boca are the worst. No masks. People don’t even wash up. Or sanatizer is now junk. The masks have become fashion. There ridiculous. How can I find out where to shop for clothes and food. Even cologne and socks and shoes. I never leave my apartment anymore. I’m 55 and I can’t go walking anywhere anymore. After I caught this, my heart is weak. So is my breathing. I need to get those shots. Whatever it is they do. Does anywhere come to my home?
I think all of us who are older can never leave our homes because three shots later I still can understand the green pass
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ministero della Salute
- 41.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri 2020