With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie with by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit*
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library or share to YouTube in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second**
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV***
* External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5in or later
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later
• Customize any title by selecting from dozens of built-in fonts
• Adjust the color of any title by selecting from a grid or spectrum of presets, adjusting numerical sliders, or using the eyedropper in the viewer
• Quickly change a title’s default style, capitalization and duration
• Pinch and drag to adjust the size and location of any title
• Choose from three new animated titles: Slide, Split and dual-color Chromatic
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Use the color picker to customize the colors of any background
• Drag the slider to change the intensity of any filter applied to your photos and videos
• Import and share 4K videos at 60 frames per second*
• View, edit, and share High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos from your Photos library**
• Tap the new options button at the top of the Share sheet to share a project or video file and choose properties including resolution, frame rate, and HDR**
* 4K at 60 frames per second requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, 10.5-inch iPad Pro or later
** Editing and sharing HDR video requires iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (7th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, 10.5-inch iPad Pro or later
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost perfect, almost!
So. It’s very rare that I leave a review on apps, but this one deserves it. I have been having an absolute blast with this, especially since I’ve really gotten into drone photography and it’s the perfect tool to make for video editing. My favorite feature honestly is making the movie trailers, it’s so fun with a compilation of media. The ONLY issue I have with it is that I’d love more freedom. Once you pick the general theme it predetermines what you can do. It boxes you into a certain amount of clips per section and has a variety of different kinds that you cant control whatsoever. So for example. One section in the trailer would have 3 slots for clips. The first one would be a .9 second, the next one would be a 3 second closeup (which is very annoying since it zooms way in on the picture or video and there’s nothing you can do to adjust it or stop it.) so if it’s a video it could focus in and cut out what you actually want to show in the clip which makes it impossible to use a lot of media. The third one could be 1.5 seconds.
The fact that you can’t change the number of possible clips in a section and that you can’t change the duration of any of the clips is very frustrating.
But beyond that this is an AMAZING app that I will love using for a long time, definitely worth having to be more strategic on what media I place where.
Great, But Here is a Suggestion
Yes, iMovie is a great movie and trailer or film maker, you can make retro trailers/films/movies, romance, teens, family, fairy tale, swashbuckler, expedition, superhero, scary, coming of age, indie, Bollywood, adrenaline, and narrative movies films or trailers. I know, a lot of options 😅.
But... There should be an option where you can change the music and where you can have the images and videos you took on iMovie only be stored in the movies on your app, not the gallery. It is a huge waste of space for your device, especially if you make lots of movies/trailers like me. I wish you could make the trailers longer than a minute, and can make it 1-4 minutes at least for trailers. When making a trailer, you can’t hear any talking or sounds just music. Maybe still keep the music, because that is still cool, but make there a setting where you can turn off music and can hear talking and sounds. Still a very great app I recommend, but I am just hoping for an update that will change that and further experience in the update. I hope this is good enough to explain the change I’d be grateful for and to explain to others who might download this app. Please make this change though, if not, it’s fine but thx anyways ☺️
Other editing apps make everything over complicated by making it look all “professional” or “easy”.
Some apps make it so you can’t find anything and you have to enter all these strange unhelpful commands while others all you can do is plop the video in, put in a filter, and maybe add some random sounds. But this app is so good! You can do so much with it, it’s super easy, AND if you are willing to spice things up you can put it into pro mode where you can do even more! It’s even better because IT HAS A FRICKING UNDO BUTTON! It’s so helpful if you made a big mistake and you don’t want to have to do it all over again! It also has so many transitions that are so fun to play with along with the funny and awesome sound effects (my favorite it the time travel one) the only thing I have to complained about is that the default transition is fade and so I have to go through my entire video and put it to the standard one witch really annoys me I would also like a *BLEEP* sound effect because it’s so good for humor and if someone says...something... but other than that it’s so good and I don’t understand why it’s only rated 3.9 stars WHEN IT CLEARLY DESERVES A 4.5! soooo yea that’s all I have to say!
- Apple Inc.
- 633.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.