With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie with by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit*
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second**
• Export a video optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV***
* External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5in or later
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later
• Fixes an issue in which text disappears after resetting a title or changing the font
• Fixes issues in which title text scales incorrectly or becomes uneditable after changing the title style
• Fixes an issue in which Undo becomes unavailable after changing the color of title text
• Fixes an issue in which some lines of title text cannot be deleted
• Fixes an issue in which the Expand title animation does not play
Ratings and Reviews
Almost perfect, almost!
So. It’s very rare that I leave a review on apps, but this one deserves it. I have been having an absolute blast with this, especially since I’ve really gotten into drone photography and it’s the perfect tool to make for video editing. My favorite feature honestly is making the movie trailers, it’s so fun with a compilation of media. The ONLY issue I have with it is that I’d love more freedom. Once you pick the general theme it predetermines what you can do. It boxes you into a certain amount of clips per section and has a variety of different kinds that you cant control whatsoever. So for example. One section in the trailer would have 3 slots for clips. The first one would be a .9 second, the next one would be a 3 second closeup (which is very annoying since it zooms way in on the picture or video and there’s nothing you can do to adjust it or stop it.) so if it’s a video it could focus in and cut out what you actually want to show in the clip which makes it impossible to use a lot of media. The third one could be 1.5 seconds.
The fact that you can’t change the number of possible clips in a section and that you can’t change the duration of any of the clips is very frustrating.
But beyond that this is an AMAZING app that I will love using for a long time, definitely worth having to be more strategic on what media I place where.
Won’t allow me to select clip
With the new update you guys have a bug or something going on. I been using this app for over a year now to edit my videos but with this new update I struggle to select a clip to create. It won’t allow me to select it. I have to repeatedly restart the app to fix this, sometimes even restart my phone. I’ve even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, done that twice so far. Still same issue. This is the worst issue I’ve ran across but there is more. Please fix this issue! This app I would be a five star for me but I can’t give it that with this issue that has been ongoing for about two months now or so. Usually it has a select clip option and highlights blue when it selects the clip
But now it highlights a gold looking color when you tap the clip you want and it don’t give the option to select and create movie clip. This is so frustrating I have no idea what you guys did in this new update but this was never a issue until about two months ago. How can I create my movie clips if it’s not giving me the option to select and create the movie? I found the best way past this is tapping the select all option in which will select all videos in that column which can be up to 3 to 5 different recent videos, so I’ve been having to do that then go back through when it creates it into the editing table and delete the clips I did not want. Wow! Can you see how frustrating and time consuming this bug can be!? Very frustrating! Please fix it!
Great, But Here is a Suggestion
Yes, iMovie is a great movie and trailer or film maker, you can make retro trailers/films/movies, romance, teens, family, fairy tale, swashbuckler, expedition, superhero, scary, coming of age, indie, Bollywood, adrenaline, and narrative movies films or trailers. I know, a lot of options 😅.
But... There should be an option where you can change the music and where you can have the images and videos you took on iMovie only be stored in the movies on your app, not the gallery. It is a huge waste of space for your device, especially if you make lots of movies/trailers like me. I wish you could make the trailers longer than a minute, and can make it 1-4 minutes at least for trailers. When making a trailer, you can’t hear any talking or sounds just music. Maybe still keep the music, because that is still cool, but make there a setting where you can turn off music and can hear talking and sounds. Still a very great app I recommend, but I am just hoping for an update that will change that and further experience in the update. I hope this is good enough to explain the change I’d be grateful for and to explain to others who might download this app. Please make this change though, if not, it’s fine but thx anyways ☺️
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 632.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.