With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 6s, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPod touch (7th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Use iMovie on iPad with Magic Keyboard, a mouse, or a trackpad for a new way to create movies and trailers (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the five inspector modes when a clip is selected: Action, Speed adjustments, Volume, Titles, and Filters
• Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly rotate video 90-degrees clockwise or counterclockwise
• Tap the Download All button at the top of the soundtracks list to download all bundled soundtracks at once
• Add PNG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP files to your movie
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost perfect, almost!
So. It’s very rare that I leave a review on apps, but this one deserves it. I have been having an absolute blast with this, especially since I’ve really gotten into drone photography and it’s the perfect tool to make for video editing. My favorite feature honestly is making the movie trailers, it’s so fun with a compilation of media. The ONLY issue I have with it is that I’d love more freedom. Once you pick the general theme it predetermines what you can do. It boxes you into a certain amount of clips per section and has a variety of different kinds that you cant control whatsoever. So for example. One section in the trailer would have 3 slots for clips. The first one would be a .9 second, the next one would be a 3 second closeup (which is very annoying since it zooms way in on the picture or video and there’s nothing you can do to adjust it or stop it.) so if it’s a video it could focus in and cut out what you actually want to show in the clip which makes it impossible to use a lot of media. The third one could be 1.5 seconds.
The fact that you can’t change the number of possible clips in a section and that you can’t change the duration of any of the clips is very frustrating.
But beyond that this is an AMAZING app that I will love using for a long time, definitely worth having to be more strategic on what media I place where.
Great, But Here is a Suggestion
Yes, iMovie is a great movie and trailer or film maker, you can make retro trailers/films/movies, romance, teens, family, fairy tale, swashbuckler, expedition, superhero, scary, coming of age, indie, Bollywood, adrenaline, and narrative movies films or trailers. I know, a lot of options 😅.
But... There should be an option where you can change the music and where you can have the images and videos you took on iMovie only be stored in the movies on your app, not the gallery. It is a huge waste of space for your device, especially if you make lots of movies/trailers like me. I wish you could make the trailers longer than a minute, and can make it 1-4 minutes at least for trailers. When making a trailer, you can’t hear any talking or sounds just music. Maybe still keep the music, because that is still cool, but make there a setting where you can turn off music and can hear talking and sounds. Still a very great app I recommend, but I am just hoping for an update that will change that and further experience in the update. I hope this is good enough to explain the change I’d be grateful for and to explain to others who might download this app. Please make this change though, if not, it’s fine but thx anyways ☺️
I’ve only seen 1080P results on an iPhone 8
As far as I can tell, iMovie works great. I had to do some overlay stuff (PIP) which required me to look up instructions for that online, and I learned a lot about other more “advanced” features as well. Once, during many, many edits of a short video, it did seem to stop working, so I just restarted it. I’m looking forward to adding my own music next to see how that works. It’s super easy once you get the hang of it after searching specific online instructions. I mean, skip the basic feature instructions, they are already very straightforward and more or less intuitive. And what a bargain it is!👍 Meanwhile, those other video editing apps might not even have the some of the features you want, except maybe for an extra charge, and/or vampirize your wallet with regular subscription fees, charge $90 for a one time fee, and end up having you in fetal position shaking like a leaf in a corner somewhere wondering how you, at least temporarily, lost that full, unlocked app you already paid a much better price for that went to a $ubscription plan. If this app crashes on your phone or iPad, I don’t have anything supercalifragilistic to say about that. So far, I have no complaints in that department whatsoever.
- Apple Inc.
- 619.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.