iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. It’s a powerhouse in your pocket. Whether you’re using the powerful sampler, dropping in some vocals, or integrating an Audio Unit, you’re sure to find everything you need.
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from a range of beloved producers, all chosen from the Akai Professional vault. Each kit includes samples featuring sounds from punchy 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
The app also comes with 4 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $20). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Bryson’s Soul, Dark Swang, and Metro Bang. iMPC University students have the opportunity to earn an additional Sound Pack, The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC for iPhone).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 4 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
Please reach out to us with feedback or help at email@example.com!
- Fix crash when instantiating AudioUnits (AUv3) on iOS 14
- Fix instability when undoing sound editor operations or deleting handles in the middle of a "live edit" (amplify, fade in/out, etc)
- Added terms of service for YouTube sharing
- Fix distorted monitoring of mono input sources on Audio Tracks
- Fix crash when rapid MIDI events come in during project close
- Fix incorrect loop points when dragging 48 khz samples from pad to pad
- Fix invisible text in AudioCopy dialog when in dark mode
- Fix scrolling in Tracks view for newer phones
- Fix solo behavior when deleting a soloed track
- Fix crash when canceling out of a mix-down at very end
- Fixed sound editor waveform display for wider phones
- Fix sound library crash when browsing into My Projects after a sound a project uses has been deleted
- New app icon
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally an iPhone version!!
First of all I have always loved Akai in general. Their hardware has spawned some of the best genres we love today. Also in my opinion, Akai in collaboration with great producers, have amazing samples. I’m just a huge fan of the sounds that Akai has in their arsenal, along with the sound packs from partners. I love the new iPhone version of pro 2. The only complaint I have is I cannot seem to get any 3rd party FX to open in the app. There are also a few Inter app audio applications that show up but won’t register. Idk if it is bc it’s a feature that is newer and Akai has a few kinks to wrk on, or I’m just doing something wrong. Also saving some of my wrk has been a little tedious. However I’m sure with future updates these few problems will be addressed. Other than that I’m very satisfied with my purchase. Especially getting it half off!! I look forward to see what Akai does next.
Great little app!
Wanted to use this for mobile work but it is just a gimmick. So clunky and buggy. The workflow is a joke and I am an experienced mpc user. If you want something to play around with it is ok but good luck trying to use the packs they sell.
Update: joke is on me or rather i am the joke. after i got the workflow down a bit this thing is awesome for the price. Is it an mpc live? Well no but it is usable and is a fraction of the cost. Just wrote some great music with it after learning the sound assignment system.
They don’t want you using you using your own samples
This app is awesome except, like other users have noted, it doesn’t have the *standard* ability to connect to your Dropbox or AudioShare libraries. You have to do everything through their “AudioCopy” app which is basically their store for samples.
There are a few steps and you can import your own samples, but you have to open a *different app*, then import your sample into that app, then go back to iMPC and import your sample from their secondary app.... basically cutting you off from your own library, because you aren’t going to want to repeat this process every time you want to grab one of your samples.
Just let us connect to our own libraries as expected. Let your great software speak for itself and make sales, don’t put up this in-app-purchase roadblock where we have to re purchase sounds to have any ease of use.
It’s a great software, but if you like using your own sounds, look elsewhere for now.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.