Rated as one of the *top recipe apps* in the App Store, Food Network’s In the Kitchen is your one-stop shop for all things food. Get instant access to our most-popular recipes from Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Ree Drummond, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay and many more. Need help figuring out what’s for dinner? Or looking for a recipe that's on TV now? Our app will help you do just that! Finding delicious recipes from the Food Network chefs and shows you trust has never been this quick and easy.
We’re all about making life in and out of the kitchen more enjoyable and stress-free, so we’re getting personal with the latest version of In the Kitchen. Choose from your favorite Food Network chefs, preferred cooking styles, and any diets or allergies, and we’ll deliver a personalized set of recipes that you’ll love, updated every day so you’ll never run out of inspiration.
With this app, you can:
FIND OUT WHAT’S ON TV NOW:
- Open the app to find recipes for the shows that are on TV right now.
- Search for the perfect recipe to satisfy your meal-planning needs. Narrow down your search by chef, course, cuisine and *recently aired* recipes.
SAVE & SHARE RECIPES:
- Save your favorite recipes, mouth-watering videos and recipe collections curated by the Food Network editors *instantly*. Organize your Saves in fully customizable Boards. Easily access your Saves and all recently viewed recipes across FoodNetwork.com and the In the Kitchen apps on iOS and Apple TV.
- Share recipes with your friends and family via text, email, Notes, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
- Browse over 70,000 recipes from your favorite Food Network chefs.
- Looking for a decadent dessert, a healthy meal or want to learn about the latest kitchen hacks? New content is updated and featured daily.
WIN THE KITCHEN:
- Hone your cooking skills by watching our how-to videos.
- Get creative by adding your own ideas and substitutions on each recipe with the Notes feature.
- Add ratings and reviews of recipes that you’ve cooked, right within the app.
GROCERY SHOP STRESS-FREE:
- Save recipe ingredients directly to *Notes* and collaborate with your family and friends while you shop.
- Create, edit and order your entire shopping list straight from the recipe page - Instacart, Amazon Fresh & Walmart will deliver the ingredients straight to your door!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE:
- Enable push notifications to receive our favorite delicious recipes every day.
- Enable the iMessage extension to search for and share recipes with friends and family without having to leave the Messages app.
- Customize your In the Kitchen app icon with an image of your favorite Food Network chef.
- Start your day off right with irresistible food facts, cooking tips and related recipes with our Daily Bites widget, available in the Today View.
We baked up some fixes so that In the Kitchen works even better for you on iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
It locks up. I delete it. Miss it after a week and download it again. A week goes by and it locks up again. The pattern continues. Here’s an update. Got an email from the developers. That was encouraging. It asked to contact them, give more details, etc. so they could assist me. I sent an email and Received a reply that said sorry I couldn’t respond to every email. Too bad I like this app that I deleted again for about the fifth time. I might try it again in six months to see if they fixed it. Another update. Technical support contacted me and the person was excellent. We tried several things. Nothing seem to work. I do like this app very much and even tried unloading my whole phone resetting everything and reinstalling from back up that didn’t work. I have some news for technical support. The app now works I turned off my Ad Blocker software and some network security software. Food Network finally loaded I turned the two security programs back on now everything seems to work. If the app works I do recommend it. Even when it didn’t work on my iPhone it worked on my iPad and I was using it there give it a try good luck I hope you don’t have to go what I thought went through but it’s probably worth it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for emailing us and for helping our engineers try to identify the issue. We're actively working on this and should be responding regularly. We really want to get this solved for you!
Thanks so much for messaging us - we really appreciate it! Could you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us understand what is going wrong? We'd love to get things fixed ASAP so you can enjoy the app.
Foodie in love
I cook a lot, and have to say that this app is my go-to.
I love the fact that there are so many similar recipes, since I love reading through a few to understand the concept, and then making it to my taste. This variety also means that there is a perfect dish for everyone! Definitely helps me with my picky eaters...=^\
My favorite part though, has to be the recipe box they have setup. I get to save all the dishes I like the most in something like folders, and name and sort them how I choose. I've made the basic, dinner, sides, sauces, and the like, in addition to some more specific ones for me. Great way to always come back to a recipe that just won't stick into memory.
Now I've had this for years and wouldn't trade it. I honestly don't have another recipe app for food on my phone other than this. Awesome!
The App Doesn’t Launch!
Even after following these steps from your website the app will not launch!
App Won’t Launch - Try a hard restart on your device. On the iPhone or iPad, hold down the top Lock Button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo. This will take a few seconds. In the meantime, ignore the "slide to power off" prompt – just keep holding those buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Once the device has restarted, try launching the app again (make certain you are connected to WiFi or 3G) to see if you still receive the error message. If the restart doesn't work, try to reinstall the app. Make certain that you are connected to WiFi, LTE, or 3G as the app will not work otherwise. Touch and hold any application icon on the Home screen until the icons start to wiggle. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to remove. You may be prompted to rate the application. Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device. Press the Home button to cancel or stop deleting apps. Open the App Store on your device and locate the application to reinstall. Tap the price and then "Buy." If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. If you previously bought the application, you are prompted to download it again for free. Tap “OK” and the app will download and install the application. After the application is installed, your issue should be resolved.
Developer Response ,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues opening the app. Will you email us at email@example.com so that we can further troubleshoot together? We want to help you get back to enjoying the app ASAP!
- Discovery Digital Ventures, LLC
- 146.3 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Television Food Network G.P.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $6.99
- Yearly Subscription $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.