*** FEATURED BY APPLE! ***
iNach is the only app focused on the Nevi'im (Prophets) & Kesuvim (Writings) of the Tanach (Bible).
Features English translation & search, classic Jewish medieval commentaries and a user-interface designed exclusively for the iPhone.
HD PRINT, WITH VOWELS & CANTILLATION MARKS!
iNach was designed for the Retina display, with beautiful typography and crisp print. We've even included vowels for the hebrew text so it's easier to read!
ENGLISH TRANSLATION WITH INTERLINEAR & SYNCHRONIZATION
● A complete English translation of the Prophets & Writings is fully integrated into iNach.
● View English translation in both full page, dual-window and interlinear modes.
● English keyword search included.
INTEGRATED COMMENTARIES WITH INTERLINEAR
Thousands and thousands of comments & insights, viewable in both interlinear or synchronized dual-windows, by the foremost commentators of the Nach:
1. Rashi – רש”י
2. Metzudas David – מצודת דוד
3. Metzudas Zion – מצודת ציון
4. Ralbag – רלב”ג
(Note: commentaries are not currently available in English)
BROWSE, SEARCH & BOOKMARK
● Browse by book (sefer), chapter or jump to th
● Comprehensive keyword search across the entire Nach
● Bookmark any chapter within a Sefer.
Beautiful, integrated maps to show places referenced in the texts.
● נביאים Prophets:
‘שמואל א Samuel 1
‘שמואל ב Samuel 2
Kings 1 ‘מלכים א
Kings 2 ‘מלכים ב
● Writings כתובים
Chronicles 1 ‘דברי הימים א
Chronicles 2 ‘דברי הימים ב
Song of Songs שיר השירים
Ezra / Nechemiah עזרא / נחמיה
MORE IPAD FROM CROWDED ROAD
Please see the other popular iPad Judaic apps from Crowded Road:
● iMishna - iPhone & iPad Editions
● iTalmud - iPhone & iPad Editions
● iTorah - iPhone & iPad Editions
● iNach - iPhone & iPad Editions
● Sign It!
- Fixed bugs
- Lots of other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
iTorah is better, and for the price, I regret having purchased this app. There is more functionality and stability in iTorah, including voiced commentary and readings. With that said, it gets the job done, but so would a PDF.
Clean, intuitive interface, many meforshim
I really like iNach's interlinear mode; I use it all the time. It also has the trop, which I find useful to figure out the phrasing (esnachta is like a semicolon, zakeif katan almost like a comma, etc.)
Things I wish were here:
* traditional ordering of the books in Nach.
* faster switching between translation and commentary.
* translations of the commentary (I don't think anyone has ever done an English translation of the meforshim on Nach, so this is very wishful thinking)
Otherwise, I think this is the best app of its kind!
This is a good app!
Great app! I am able to look up things quickly and find what I need in a flash.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.