Inboard - Image Organizer 4+
Inboard helps you organize your screenshots and photos like your own private, desktop-based version of Pinterest. It helps you to organize images that otherwise get lost in Finder and serves as an inspiration you can browse through to get inspired for your next project.
“Inboard: Finally A Screenshot App That’s Simple Enough To Be Useful” -Cult of Mac
“It’s the simplicity that stands out.” -AppStorm
Inboard is built creative types - great for designers, photographers and developers:
“I’ve tried around 7 of these type of apps, but none of them allowed me to view high quality images in masonry and folders. Very well designed.” -Caleb Amesbury, Senior IA Designer
• Beautiful Pinterest-like display of your images
• Capture webpage screenshots of websites that you love
• Import your Dribbble shots
• Import/export library as a .zip for easy migration
• Organize images by using tags and folders
• Masonry image grid for maximum screen space use
• macOS Catalina ready
Get Inboard today for a straightforward easy-to-use image organizer app.
Supports most popular file formats:
• PNG, JPG, GIF, PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, TIFF, MP4, MOV, M4V
Email us at email@example.com or tweet us @inboardapp with your suggestions and questions.
• Supports Apple Silicon Mac
• Fixes compatibility issues with macOS Big Sur and Monterey
Ratings and Reviews
The Pinterest style thumbnail view is great for viewing lots of images at once. At it’s really fast, almost scary how fast the app responds and runs. There’s only a few things missing to make this a 5 star rating:
1. It needs subfolders, you can only add one folder which makes it hard to organize image. If you’re coming from Ember or another image orgainzier app a folder is same as a “collection”. So it technically doesn’t have folders, smart folders, or anything like that. If you have a lot of folders you use ot organize with then you’ll be scrolling down the list for awhile.
2. Multiple library or sync options. You can only create one library, which isn’t a huge deal, but you can’t chose where it’s stored. The only reason this might make a difference for some is if you want to keep the library on Dropbox to sync between computers. There’s no sync option so having the abilltiy to keep the library on Dropbox is a nice workaround.
3. More account syncs. I acutally like to see an option where Inboard could sync with my Pinterest, Behance, and other accounts. Dribble is nice but it would be great to have more options.
No developer support?
The latest update seems to have removed the menu bar icon -- which is where I would initiate any screenshots, so currently it's unusable. I'm otherwise happy with the software, but I see no other way to reach support. Can someone help me?
UPDATED REVIEW | No longer a good start for a simple digital scrapbook
This app appears to have become abandonware.
Four years ago, this was a promsing start; four years later, not much has changed. As others, I have provided user feedback and UX improvement suggestions, but the developer team doesn't listen.
- Web page capture is temperamental at best in Catalina
- Still no support for cloud sync
-File management is awkard
This is no longer of use to me and I'm going to remove it from my system.
Don’t think of this app as a replacement for your image library; it’s a digital scrapbook app; it has been designed with simplicity in mind to help you quickly capture inspiring visual ideas (and it probably will never have close to the feature set that the discontinued Ember had or Pixave currently has, so don’t compare it to those apps).
Inboard does a few things, and it does them well: take full page web captures and screen shots and enable you to organize them by tags and in folders in a Pinterest-like layout, that is, images are displayed in full height, which makes for a nice browsing/(re)discovery experience. Performance is great, even with a few hundred images, scrolling is smooth and rendering is near immediate (and I’ve seen users comment in forums that performance is consistent with even larger libraries).
That said, there certainly is room for improvement. For example, the following enhancements/additions would be nice:
* More default capture options; this version only provides “click and drag” area screenshot capture and full-page web snap options; adding Capture Window and Capture Fullscreen options to the Inboard Helper menu (which sits only a click away in your menu bar) would be nice.
* Tabbed sidebar, so the Library and Folders can reside on one tab, and Tags can live on the other tab (similar to the Together app does); currently, Folders and Tags appear together; this can get messy if you have many tags and folders.
* Support for nested folders.
* Support for Smart Folder and Live Folder options.
* Some basic annotation tools/features, so one can mark up a screenshot; currently there are none (you can open a screenshot with an like Preview but the changes won’t be saved back to Inboard automatically; you have to save and drag the shot back into the library.
* Support for multiple libraries (icing on the cake)
* Cloud sync (which appears to be in the works).
Despite these shortcomings, I decided to purchase Inboard after a few days of using the trial version (available from the developer’s website). With Ember no longer under development, Inboard is a good start for a simple digital scrapbook app that not only performs well but also lets users quickly work with their inspirational source captures. And frankly, there are not many alternatives out there. Four stars for what it does based on what it appears to be designed for (not for what it should be in my or other user's minds). I will update my star rating pending future improvements/enhancements.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Regular SIA
- 7.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013–2021 Regular SIA
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.