Index Card is a corkboard writing app that helps you craft your story. Capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
NEW IN INDEX CARD 4
Over 30 new features, including:
• Redesigned user interface for iOS 8
• Text formatting (Bold, Italic, Underline)
• Image can be added to a card
• Storyboard mode
• Aural pleasure (aka sounds)
• Open In Another App…
• Editing layouts redesigned to maximize typing areas
• Selective field search (title, synopsis, body, notes, or all)
• Export options added: Scrivener, OPML, PDF document
-- "I love your program!!!! Great for screenwriting." -
Jesse Alexander, Emmy-winning Co-Executive Producer, LOST
-- "A fabulous app that helps me create and organize my business keynote speeches." -
Micah Solomon, #1 Bestselling Author
-- "Love your app. I am using it now to structure my new feature script." -
Måns Mårlind, Writer / Director, Underworld Awakening
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Flexible and Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, body, notes, text, color label and more...
• View in corkboard, outline, or column mode (great for breaking acts)
• Select background, font style, and font size to display
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Body Text field for extended writing
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Swipe the editing screen to navigate through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Create and Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Use the extended keyboard to quickly enter punctuation, symbols, and navigate text
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF, Plain Text, PDF, 3-card layout, OPML, SCRIV
• Share .ndxcrd files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, body text, sort order)
• Present on an external display using AirPlay or Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Print from your iPad using an AirPrint enable printer
• Best App for Index Card Writers - Best iPad Apps: The Guide for Discriminating Downloaders
• Index Card is “Superb” for Screenwriters - Cult of Mac
• Invaluable to writers. - AppStorm
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.IndexCardApp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
• Add photo from device camera will no longer cause app to quit
• Added 1024 icon
Ratings and Reviews
Yaaay! I finally found the best corkboard writing app
I believe I had the original version from a many years ago, or at least an app exceedingly similar to this one.
I use index cards for my research but as I am trying to find ways to declutter my desk and go paperless, I find this app very useful. I give it a four stars for now, as I am still trying out the app (I am sure another star will be added in the near future).
I just a couple of suggestions that I would like to provide: please consider markdown text as a featured option. I am a sloth so I like to carry out my research tasks in any efficient way as possible while using minimal energy. (Over-exaggeration...). I have found that using Markdown format is great for simple formatting. The selecting/highlighting to format text takes a few second but those few seconds are long enough to break my chain of thought (I am easily distracted).
I think another useful feature that would go great with markdown would be an option to export cards into .txt files.
Other than that, this app is essential to my needs and the interface, style, and features is what makes this app unique. The few index card apps pale in comparison, especially since this app is geared towards corkboard writing.
Please continue to update and enhance the features of this app because it is the best.
Update: please add the capability to split screen with another app!
Good App That Could Be Better
I’m surprised by the lack of plain index card (not flash card) apps. Does every developer think someone else has already solved it? Especially on the Mac App Store. This app does a fairly good job at what it does, though I’ve lost information before (in older versions) so I’m still wary. I’ve only come back after nearly a year.
What would make this a 5-star app are some things I’m surprised are still not happening.
1) Keyboard shortcuts. I use an external keyboard and I don’t see why CMD-S doesn’t save the card, CMD-N doesn’t create a new card, and so on. Seems pretty obvious as having to reach up and touch the screen is such a workflow buster.
2) Some way to work on these on a Mac. I will not download the monstrosity that is Scrivener just so I can work on these cards. I don’t need all that. I just want an index card editor. On the Mac. Not really this developer’s fault, though I think just saying “Use Scrivener” is a cop out.
3) iCould support. Or am I missing something?
4) Redraw issues. I find cards from other stacks showing up in new stacks, though they are non-selectable. Has to do with single-card stacks. Also issues with exporting. Really confusing. Limits trust because…
5) I get the idea this app is being abandoned, so I won’t go all-in with using it.
Most versatile note card app—a writer’s dream!
Of all the true index card apps, this is the one that works best and with the functionality I need, almost. I have tried them all. I wanted to give this app five stars, but, since I do my writing on my large iPad pro, this app desperately needs to function in split screen view or even sliding. Sadly, no. I have to believe the developer will get it done since every other area of this app works very well. Another area of concern to me is a lack of support when asking a question of the developer. No reply.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.