Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Indianapolis, IN area on the all-new free WTHR app from Channel 13.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Sign up for government-issued severe weather alerts in your area
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from WTHR
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of WTHR and wthr.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Indianapolis, IN area.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at email@example.com.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.wthr.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.wthr.com/terms
• Squashed bugs & made performance improvements.
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Anchors In Indy
I Love WTHR 13 as my all time fave News, Weather, Sports and I LOVE Julia Former Miss Universe, Miss America, Miss Indiana, Miss Indy, Miss WTHR, However I Do Enjoy Lots Of Anchors Works There Then And Now, Also I Want To Wish Kevin Radar The Best In Future Retirement And Enjoy Your Time And You Been Great With Lots Of Great Experiences You Had, God Bless You All, I’m Watching 13 Now Since 5:00. Tell Angela Thanks For The Rain BUT Need More, Also I Want To Hear The GOOD NEWS FROM DAVE THE MAN CALABRO IMMEDIATELY.
Current news is a little slower.
I feel like I get updates and alerts from Fox 59 quite a bit sooner than WTHR.
Also, I know a lot of issues have dominated, but it would help if you inserted a happy or pleasant news story also. I grew up watching the news and told how important it was to keep up with current events. But now it is so depressing, I find myself turning the news off, except for weather as it is so violent and depressing. Nothing is happy or uplifting which would also be nice to hear. I personally feel the negativity of stories is making things more heated and worse.
Maybe report an issue and don’t put so much attention to all the negative do maybe the hatred and violence will die down.
Sorry for me being so negative myself, but your news topics and presentation has changed so much in the last couple of years. I hate to see this and hope some happiness and pleasantries can be added soon.
Disappointed - do UX testing
Well shoot. WTHR is by far my favorite news channel. But your app doesn’t live up in quality.
I submitted multiple reviews for the last app saying I hated getting an alert about a live, breaking news conference only to then be forced to sit thru a 15 second ad before seeing the live stream (plus sometimes the ad was highly inappropriate given the topic of breaking news). By the time I joined, I was about 30 seconds late and missed the “headline statement.”
Now, EACH STORY has a 15 sec ad. Come on, man!
Plus, gone are the icons leading us to the specific topic we want to know about (traffic, sports, closings, etc.) I’d also add that the click-bait fake news stories are not worth the $$ they give you to be present. I can tell the difference between the stories but will every user? Do you really want them going around saying, “So, WTHR reported that a leading surgeon says we can clean our bowels with 2 simple tricks!!”
I assume you’ve already invested in this new developer and can’t go backwards in design. But please - moving forward, do some User Experience testing with your client base to see what WE want, not what helps your bottom line.
I’ll keep the app for now to watch for design changes but I certainly won’t be coming here as a routine until then.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tegna Inc.
- 96.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © WTHR-TV, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.