INDIANA’S BEST is the ultimate downloadable travel guide to this intriguing American state. Written by a pro-author it explores key REGIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (200+ points-of-interest/250+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads.
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
INDIANA’S BEST starts with some essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and cities to provide perfect orientation.
To make sure you get the most out of your time, an ITINERARIES section suggests some regional driving tours and suggests how you might explore Indianapolis in a day.
The next section of the app, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, gives you the heads-up on various interests. So if you’re keen on exploring state HISTORY, its AMISH LIFE or planning time in the OUTDOORS or with KIDS. you might just dive straight into the app here.
Other special-interest sections include COVERED BRIDGES, FAMOUS HOOSIERS, GARDENS, HISTORIC RAILWAYS and WINERIES.
Finally, the app details a handpicked selection of RESTAURANTS, many near key sights.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all key parts of the country
• Central Indiana
• Northern Indiana
• Northwest Indiana
• Southern Indiana
• Southwest Indiana
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
Organise your time:
• Self-driving Tours
• Indianapolis In-A-Day
• Elkhart River Queen
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Amish life
• Covered Bridges
• Famous Hoosiers
• Historic Railways
• Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Listings, insider tips and recommendations:
• Restaurants & Food
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; its internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR Jane Simon Ammeson has always loved to write and started her own newspaper at age eight, selling it to neighbors who had no choice but to subscribe. She’s now upped her game, writing about travel, food, history for newspapers, magazines and websites and is the author of 15 books including the recently released Lincoln Road Trip: Back-roads Guide to America’s Favorite President.
• ICON: Christina Blust@Flickr
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Ratings and Reviews
Not Your Ordinary Travel App
I just downloaded this app since we spend a lot of time in Northwest IN over the summer near the dunes. The information is well organized and easy to navigate, but that’s just the beginning! You’ll find everything here from hidden gems to mainstays, all thoughtfully written. It’s inspired me to explore other area of Indiana I’m not as familiar with. Not your ordinary travel app - I highly recommend!
Wonderful travel app
This app was so informative and easy to use!
The Perfect Travel Guide for Exploring Indiana
A great was to find and visit what is best in the Hoosier state. From big cities to Amish rural life, Indiana offers a lot to do.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 82.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Jane Simon Ammeson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.