We reach more Hoosiers than any other news source in Central Indiana. Not only are we committed to covering the news that shapes our communities, but we want to make Indianapolis a better place. We strive to make a difference, whether we shed a light on wrongdoings, push to change laws or raise money to combat child hunger. Indianapolis isn’t just a city we cover. It’s our home.
• Access all of IndyStar’s in-depth coverage, including things to do around town and analysis of the Colts, Pacers, Hoosiers, motor sports, high school teams, and more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• The IndyStar app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• New subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.indystar.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We've made updates to our iOS 14 widget for a cleaner experience
• And as always, some bug fixes and performance improvements along the way.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using the app for several months along with subscribing through in-app purchase. I prefer this since it’s easier for me to cancel; no phone calls. The app has been working well for me. Until today. I updated to iOS and iPadOS 14 and now the app closes immediately after tapping to open. This occurs on my iPad and iPhone. I tried tapping on the App Support link and that opens the app which then closes. Hopefully an update is released soon. This is the downside of using in-app purchase; I have no other way of accessing this content.
The only reason I rate this app 1 star is because 0 or a negative number was not an option. Indianapolis is my home town and I love everything about the city. Unfortunately, it’s only news paper has become a complete joke. And it’s digital newspaper is less than a joke. DO NOT sign up for a digital subscription. If you want to cancel (and you will soon after signing up), they make it impossible to deactivate your account. Which obviously is by design. Which makes the owners of Gannett Newspapers (the owners of the Indianapolis Star) even more reprehensible. It pains me to post this review. This is my second attempt at a subscription. The only reason I signed back up for a ‘script, was for Colts coverage. The straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back? An article following Sunday’s win...well, 6 nonsensical sentences. I tried. Again. But, I’m done.
We live in Pendleton, Indiana we used to get the paper delivered on Thursday and Sunday. Last year we started experiencing issues with not getting the paper delivered. After multiple calls, they insisted we would get the paper on the next run. It never happened but they kept taking payments out of our account. So we decided to just quit getting the paper. They did reimburse us and I thought the issue was resolved. However, once again on Nov 12, 2019, they once again took a payment of 3 times the normal amount we had been paying and guess what we still haven’t received one paper. This borders on criminal considering that I have closed our account with them. I have sent an email to the Vice President Mr. Hakanson and am awaiting a response. Has anyone else experienced thus issue?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Indianapolis Star
- 194.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Digital Subscription $9.99
- Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.