We reach more Hoosiers than any other news source in Central Indiana. Not only are we committed to covering the news that shapes our communities, but we want to make Indianapolis a better place. We strive to make a difference, whether we shed a light on wrongdoings, push to change laws or raise money to combat child hunger. Indianapolis isn’t just a city we cover. It’s our home.
• Access all of IndyStar’s in-depth coverage, including things to do around town and analysis of the Colts, Pacers, Hoosiers, motor sports, high school teams, and more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• The IndyStar app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 3 months for just 99¢ per month ($9.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• New subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.indystar.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We've made updates to our iOS 14 widget for a cleaner experience
• And as always, some bug fixes and performance improvements along the way.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using the app for several months along with subscribing through in-app purchase. I prefer this since it’s easier for me to cancel; no phone calls. The app has been working well for me. Until today. I updated to iOS and iPadOS 14 and now the app closes immediately after tapping to open. This occurs on my iPad and iPhone. I tried tapping on the App Support link and that opens the app which then closes. Hopefully an update is released soon. This is the downside of using in-app purchase; I have no other way of accessing this content.
No consistent performance
I’m a subscriber and I try to read everyday. Today the story about Tony Stewart and Helio racing at Lucas Oil Raceway simply won’t load. Typically happens several times a week. When the high school sports seasons are underway the “scoreboard” more times than not just say “night game” even for a game between two local schools.
Seems like they’ve cut costs so much that they’re no longer the place to turn to for local information. Tried calling customer service about this but they are just there to sell you more product rather than truly help you.
Read the Star for over 40 years but this is the worst coverage of local news and sports I’ve ever seen. The app has more ads than information. Find something else if you really want local coverage and an app that consistently works.
The only reason I rate this app 1 star is because 0 or a negative number was not an option. Indianapolis is my home town and I love everything about the city. Unfortunately, it’s only news paper has become a complete joke. And it’s digital newspaper is less than a joke. DO NOT sign up for a digital subscription. If you want to cancel (and you will soon after signing up), they make it impossible to deactivate your account. Which obviously is by design. Which makes the owners of Gannett Newspapers (the owners of the Indianapolis Star) even more reprehensible. It pains me to post this review. This is my second attempt at a subscription. The only reason I signed back up for a ‘script, was for Colts coverage. The straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back? An article following Sunday’s win...well, 6 nonsensical sentences. I tried. Again. But, I’m done.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Indianapolis Star
- 194.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Digital Subscription $9.99
- Annual Digital Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.