iNet - explore your network!
Find out about security risks and keep your network under control. This easy to use App outlines a computer network even to the unexperienced user. Is somebody using your network without your knowledge? Which devices are currently online? Which access ports are open? Which services are offered? What is the IP of your router? Wake sleeping devices remotely. Add own icons to found devices ...
iNet provides you with information about networks and devices your Mac is connected to. Its very easy and user friendly design even allows the unexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network, the running services and the Wi-Fi quality.
In the current version the following functions are available:
• Network Scanner
• Bonjour Browser
• Airport Monitor*
• Wake on Lan
• Help section
We did our best to develop a solution that makes network observing as simple as possible. Wether you are a network expert or a common user - iNet provides the information you need to find out what's going on in your network.
• See all devices that are online and connected to a network, along with vendor, IP and MAC addresses
• Assign your own names and icons or choose from the provided icons for easier identifying a device in the scan list. Most Mac devices are displayed with their original icon.
• Set scan range and interface to scan
• Export scan results in csv format
• Connect to devices via different protocols
• Detect all running Bonjour services realtime
• Detect running services on a discrete device
• Detailed information about a service
• Choose the active Bonjour domain for observing
* • Attention for users of the latest 2013 Airport edition with 802.11ac: Because SNMP support has been disabled by Apple iNet cannot retrieve the usage statistics and wifi strength any more with these models. All other features of iNet are working properly. The following Airport monitoring features can only be used with models prior to the 802.11ac:
• See the current condition of Apple Airport base stations like Airport express or Time Capsule
• Monitor network traffic on Airport devices
• Find detailed information about your Airport base stations like MAC address, IP's, used channels and so on
• See the connection quality of the connected wifi clients in realtime
Wake on Lan:
• Wake devices remotely in your local network or via internet
• Put devices remotely to sleep, shutdown or restart (Macintosh only)
• Add devices to favorites
• Send commands via ssh to devices
• Minimal system required for WOL: OS X 10.7
• Extensive help section
• Dictionary of used terms
We will add modules in the future like traceroute and more. iNet is also available for iPhone and for iPad.
[Added] Start scan on load (setup via Preferences)
[Added] Device names can now be longer than 29 characters
[Fixed] Layout height change if switching to Airport monitor
[Updated] Services and vendor databases
Stay healthy. Greetings from BananaGlue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Intuitive and Useful networking app
This app is very well done. Simple and straightforward interface is intuitive and discoverable, some of the top Mac UI traits that sadly have been forgotten in many other apps. Every network admin needs this in their tool belt of utilities, makes it very easy to sniff out network related issues (like multiple devices with the same IP) or simply creating a quick map of all network devices so you can see if something is working or not and/or discover a management interface for some devices that may not have been obvious. Also VERY useful if you are using DHCP and need to access some device but have no idea what it's IP is.
NICE PRODUCT A
I never write reviews, (like most people reading this i assume!), but i do like good value for money in a product. This is great network tool to have for Network environment with apple. Cant go wrong and well worth the $$$ in my opinion. Thanks for great product and helping make working on a somewhat complicated home IoT home network a lot more easier to manage (whilst using crappy Netgear Routers that dont tell you jack about the devices its sending DHCP addresses to...).
Purchased Years Ago
I purchased this app (along with iOS version) many years ago. It is my go to app to find the devices on my network. It's also a great tool when you are on a public network to get an idea of who you are sharing your connection with. The app itself is well laid out and works great but the best part is that the developer keeps updating the app after all of these years!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.