** Featured on FunEducationalApps.com & theAppyLadies.com **
Inference Clues helps build strong reading comprehension skills in a fun, game-like environment.
As well as generating inferences, players identify the clue words that lead to an inference -- a vital comprehension skill and part of the Common Core standards.
***** 5 Stars! This is another great app from Happy Frog. I really like how your apps target a specific skill.
***** 5 Stars Just what my son needed. Thanks for your great apps. We are working our way through all of them!
Inference Ace 2 is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but who need help with understanding what they read.
- Builds inference skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over, your child will know what to do) or with a therapist for reading intervention.
- Guided learning for less frustration. Your child will always arrive at the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Detailed reporting for up to 10 students to meet the needs of teachers, therapists and parents.
Inference Clues can be used at the same time as Inference Ace (our other inferencing app), or it can be used after Inference Ace has been completed.
You can try this app by downloading the free version. The free version has 4 free levels for one player. You can purchase levels and players separately through in-app purchases.
If you prefer no in-app purchases, please purchase the 'School Edition' of this app.
We are a member of the 'Moms with Apps program. We collect NO private information in our app, and our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
Updated libraries for a smoother experience.
Ratings and Reviews
My students seem to like this app. I am looking forward to trying the more challenging levels.
Disappointed 4th grade ELA teacher
I always hope to leave positive reviews for a company; however, my final rating will depend on customer service. I am a 4th grade ELA teacher; I use I-Ready Reading curriculum. I purchased the $35 app bundle with my own funds hoping to use this resource for centers. Unfortunately, the 4th grade bundle is useless to me. I skipped ahead to the apps' highest levels hoping for more rigorous content. I find that this resource is far to easy, even for students who receive accommodations. I have requested an exchange or credit from the company. I would re-purchase the product at a more challenging level.
I am an SLP. I use this app to help children on the spectrum better develop their ability to infer from verbal-auditory information. I Like the levels and the visual progression. The 'locks' allow me to monitor progress. The cost of the apps make them a great option for homework to support the work I do in the clinic.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Janine Toole
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © Happy Frog Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.