InferQuest Inferencing Games
Let’s go on a quest to learn eight different types of inferences!
This educational app from Super Duper Publications teaches students how to determine the meaning of a sentence when some of the information is missing. Students listen or read a sentence and answer one of eight multiple-choice questions:
• What is it?
• Who is it?
• Where is it?
• What are they doing?
• What happens next?
• What happened?
• When is it?
• How would you feel?
Your quest will take your students on four different adventures:
• Galaxy Patrol – Students travel to different planets in their spaceships
• Fantasyland – Students hop around the board and collect jewels
• Tin Men Toys – Students repair the broken robots so they can keep making toys
• Pirate's Cove – Students sail around the board in their ships and try to find hidden treasure
Available features include:
• Up to 400 items
• Four entertaining learning activities
• Includes audio of all questions and answers for non-readers
• Has text of each question and answer for early readers
• Select any or all packs of questions for game play
• Select any or all questions from each purchased pack
• Allows an unlimited number of students to play
• Option to manually or automatically advance to the next player
• Option to have answers read back to player
Data Tracking lets educators and parents:
• Keep track of data for all players
• Receive feedback for each correct and incorrect response
• View player results for all the sessions at any time
• Examine student progress over time using graphs
• Email, print, and share session results
* Updated for iOS 9 and iOS 10
* Fixes an issue with deleting students
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Reminds me why I don't spend $ on apps
Bought this when on 2-day sale. Decided to try it out tonight before using with students on the morrow. Good thing I did, too! The app keeps closing/crashing every time I tap START. Please fix ASAP or I shall be asking for a refund. I was really excited about this app, too, since it appeared to fill a real need for several of my students. Fix it and I'll be more than happy to change my review.
Fun inferencing app
Update: Once I updated to the new iOS and updated the app, this app started to crash. Now I can't open it anymore.
This is a fun way to target inferencing skills. There are four fun themes to choose from. I have mostly used the robot theme and we like to play a guessing game of which robot will break down which keeps the interest level high with all of my kids. I like all of the inference questions and how many are available. There are a few things that kept me from giving it a five star review. 1. I wish there was an option that after you answer the question, whether right or wrong, you get to stay on the question so you can talk about their answer and reasoning. Also, have the option to not give the answer right away so they can have the chance to find it. This also gives an opportunity to discuss process of elimination with kids. 2. I wish there was an option to have only the question read and then a button to push that reads the answers. I hate that it reads both, right away and you can't stop it. 3. One of my biggest wishes for most speech apps is that the answers be hidden and there be a button to "show answers". What I do now is cover the answer choices with my hand or I turn the iPad away from the kid, but this is very tedious. 4. It would be cool to access settings while playing so that you can adjust on the go depending on how the kid is doing. Thanks
The app keeps crashing after about 5 questions, it did this 3 times. The content is great, and the activities involved are fun, but the app is difficult to use if it crashes in the middle.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Super Duper, Inc.
- 610.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Super Duper Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.