• Explore, analyze and print extremely detailed and extensive family tree charts (ancestors or descendants)
• Import your own data from your favorite genealogy app or site - this is a COMPANION APP designed to work with EXISTING DATA ONLY - does NOT provide the ability to create or modify a database
• Unprecedented compact representation of dozens of generations, with comprehensive information displayed for each person - still printable on a few standard pages
• Powerful filters to reveal the geographic distribution of branches, highlight specific situations (number of children, age at death…), or identify consistency issues
• Exclusive timeline built into the tree
• Focus on a few persons who are loosely related, and collapse the rest of the tree to highlight their bloodlines
Traditional family tree charts are nice when displaying 3 or 4 generations, but require dozens and dozens of pages for only 5 or 6 generations.
Thanks to Infinite Family Tree Explorer’s unique algorithm, you can now get a compact tree showing 5 or 6 generations on a single A4 or letter page, or hundreds of people spanning dozens of generations, on a few pages. And even thousands of people spanning millennia on just 20 or 30 pages!
All this with no limit on the amount of information you choose to display for each person: dates, places, events, descriptions, occupations, comments, siblings, remarriages etc.
Revolutionary timeline! Each person can be graphically positioned on the tree according to their exact year of birth, and a graphical bar can be drawn to represent the time they lived, with optional markers for each event: marriages, births of children etc. You can now instantly visualize those who lived long enough to see their great-grandchildren grow up, and those who never even had the chance to know their own offspring; or those who gave life from the dawn – or till the dusk – of their adulthood; or those who were mowed down in their youth during the war years… Directly in your ancestor or descendant chart!
Incredibly powerful filters: visually flag individuals who match flexible criteria, such as those who were born, lived or died in specific countries or regions, or those who have lost both parents in childhood, those who married more than twice, or those who died in their 20s during the war years.
Flexibility: choose which information to show, hide or highlight; collapse some branches to focus on specific individuals or families; highlight the path between selected distant relatives…
Implex support: in many families, some people marry distant relatives, resulting in duplicate branches on the tree. Perhaps your maternal great-grandfather was the second cousin of your paternal great-grandmother? This means that the full branch of their common great-grandparents should appear twice in your ascending tree… but Infinite Family Tree Explorer automatically detects this, collapses the duplicate branch, and draws a dotted line pointing to the remaining branch. This dramatically simplifies the family tree of royal families, where this happens repeatedly and recursively!
Smart ordering: when a few branches go back to some glorious distant ancestor, while most of the branches are cut off, a traditionally ordered tree can become very tortuous; the Smart Ordering algorithm keeps your tree graphically balanced, harmonious, and easy to navigate.
- minor filter improvement
- compatibility problem fixed with files exported from MobileFamilyTree
- crash fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Infinite Family Tree Explorer
Not intuitive but manual is good. Good presentation of tree with good options
While looks useful it is not. Crashes over and over again, very frustrating. Another problem is the dates are incorrect, for example changes my father's birth and death dates to wrong months and years. Very unhappy with my purchase and would like a refund.
Developer Response ,
Please try version 1.0.16 which fixes all reported crashes. If it is still crashing, please contact us, so we can fix the problem! Thanks
You can change how the dates are interpreted in the date pane.
What I've been looking for
This provides the tools I've needed for putting family tree together.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jerome Seydoux
- 2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 1988-2024 Jérôme Seydoux
- In-App Purchases
- Extended package $8.99
- Basic package $1.99
- Support Level 4 $17.99
- Support Level 4 (renewable) $17.99
- Support Level 3 $8.99
- Support Level 1 (renewable) $1.99
- Support Level 3 (renewable) $8.99
- Support Level 0 $0.00
- Support Level 2 $3.99
- Support Level 2 (renewable) $3.99