Welcome to the world of Ingress Prime, Agent. The fate of this universe, and perhaps others, depends on you. The discovery of Exotic Matter (XM), a resource of unknown origin, has sparked a covert struggle between two Factions. Cutting-edge XM technologies have completely transformed the Ingress Scanner, and it is now waiting for you to join this battle.
THE WORLD IS YOUR GAME
Explore the world around you and interact with places of cultural significance—such as public art installations, landmarks, and monuments—to collect valuable resources using your Ingress Scanner.
CHOOSE A SIDE
Fight for the Faction you believe in. Harness the power of XM to evolve mankind and discover our true destiny with The Enlightened, or protect humanity from a hostile takeover of the mind with The Resistance.
BATTLE FOR CONTROL
Dominate territories by linking Portals and creating Control Fields to achieve victory for your Faction.
Strategize and communicate with fellow Agents in your neighborhood and around the world.
Agents must be over 13 years old (for residents outside of the European Economic Area); or over 16 years old or such age needed to consent to the processing of personal data in the Agent's country of residence (for residents of the European Economic Area). Unfortunately, no children may play Ingress.
Contact us in-game by going to Settings > Help Center > Go.
Terms of Service
• Ingress now receives updates to the Portal Network through Niantic Lightship, like other Niantic Games.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting premise but fails on delivery of gameplay content
There’s no other game quite like Ingress, and for good reason. It’s surprisingly deep but also lacking in gameplay elements at the same time. This is a PVP game where you battle other agents in real life locations via the portals in game. Issue here is that the game became extremely dull when you are located in areas with few players. You cannot play the game anymore because almost all the gameplay is aimed at local in person PVP interactions. There really needs to be more marketing and dynamic content because there’s a huge opportunity here to have a fun engaging game. Live world events organized by players are the best part of the game but that’s pretty rare and you have to travel which isn’t really possible with Covid pandemic. My favorite part of the game because of lack of players for PVP is the missions for exploration of different neighborhoods. Unfortunately lately even that feature is broken and new missions are not getting approved. Overall I think this game really needs some rework as the gameplay concepts haven’t really changed in years while the player base has suffered almost a complete collapse in my area without new updates in content.
Improving but still glitchy
Prime is still not as stable as the original scanner. I regularly see several bugs.
1- the scanner will show item inventory as being 900 items more than actual inventory. I have to completely close the app and restart to fix this.
2- nearby portal icons are so wide that they cover to the middle of the screen and into the middle of the viewed play area.
3- nearby portal icons show portals 30, 40, or as much as 100 km away, but do not display portals within 1-2 km. I am to the point of wanting a switch o just turn off the nearby portal feature.
4- longer distance portals either take several minutes to show up in linkable portals list or do not show at all unless all closer portal keys are placed in a capsule or portal key locker.
5- the new player icon rotating in the top left corner of the scanner screen serves no purpose, is distracting, and should be switchable to hide or display
6- deploying resonators is still significantly slower than with the old scanner
7- app start up takes for-ev-er
Latest update freezes game. Comm, still broken, now worse.
1. This latest update 2.72.1 often causes the scanner to go into “Location inaccurate. Scanner disabled.” and immediately freezes the game after which it is impossible to recover and you must restart. 2. In the portal UI menu, holding the Hack command button and sliding your finger to the glyph command is not as responsive as it used to be. The command just closes now when you slide over to glyph. It’s very hit and miss where before it was perfect. 3. The Comm feed, long needing an improvement, has actually become worse. When tapping a Comm notification you’ll be taken into the Comm UI but will see nothing but the horizontal bars that separate the in game activity squished off the left side of the screen. Previous review: Ingress Prime has come a long way and I’m happy to see it’s regularly evolving and being fine tuned. That being said, get rid of the VERY ANNOYING and unnecessary “safety and alert all all times” reminder pop up when you launch the game. This a great annoyance when you’re in a hurry to get into the game, especially when tapping a notification. Please fix the Comm scrolling.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 247.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012-2021 Niantic, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 15,000 CMU Pack $9.99
- 2,500 CMU Pack $1.99
- 7,000 CMU Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.