Inkist lets you paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Wacom styluses, Adonit styluses, Pogo Connect, and preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4 or higher), Pogo Connect, and Wacom styluses.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Export PNG, proprietary ISImage file formats, and individual layer files
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048x2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
Screenshot artwork generously provided by:
1st: Ray Dillon: http://raydillon.com
2nd: iPad Creator: http://necojarashi.blogspot.com
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• Updates Adonit Stylus SDK, now supports newer styluses
• Updates Wacom Bluetooth Pen SDK
• Updates Pogo Connect SDK
• Adds preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Experimental compatibility for Apple Pencil & Force Touch
• Inkist may begin to get regular updates (if ads perform reasonably)
• Adds option to export all layers as png files
• An ad will now be shown after image export is complete
• Removes Hex3 JaJa SDK (it is incompatible with iOS9, and has not been updated)
• Removes PSD import/export support (the library used has not been updated for arm64 support)
• Support for some older Jot Touches has been removed (the new SDK does not support older jot touches, and the older SDK has not been updated for arm64)
Ratings and Reviews
On several occasions, I have unintentionally moved the layers into a different order and when I move them back, it deletes almost all of my work. Additionally, every now and then when I hit undo, the bottom left portion of the painting gets stretched and blurred. It's extremely frustrating when I put so much time and effort into something only for it to disappear. Please, please, please fix this.
By far my favorite free drawing app, but needs improvements
I love how you can import an image and draw over it, great quality. A few things I would improve: the little glitch where it draws across your screen when you put another finger on it & I would make it so yo can zoom in further. This is my favorite drawing app that’s free, I would definitely recommend it.
Good thing it's free for limited time
Cause There are far better apps out there, just opening this felt foreign and on top of that when ever I select the file menu I can't back out back to the canvas unless I hit open image which starts a new image, I don't get it, and your guys help menu doesn't help cause it just takes you to a site that says DNS error, this app need a major overhaul imo
The developer, Tai Shimizu, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tai Shimizu
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Tai Shimizu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.