Mergin Maps Input: QGIS in your pocket
Simplify site visits by capturing field data on your mobile or tablet. Create mobile forms with the fields you require and invite your survey teams to complete them on their phones or tablets. Captured data, along with their location can be surveyed offline, then synced back to the office in seconds.
Enter your data once, with ease, in the field. Input aims to remove the pain of transcribing paper field notes, manually georeferencing photos and transcribing GPS coordinates.
The data you capture in the field is shown on a map and can be exported to a wide variety of formats including CSV, Microsoft Excel, ESRI Shapefile, Mapinfo, GeoPackage, PostGIS, AutoCAD DXF, KML and many more.
Input is an extension of the free and open source GIS software QGIS. Input allows you to open, interrogate and edit your QGIS projects on your mobile. Map layers look the same as in QGIS desktop and you can sync your data back and forward with QGIS desktop using the Mergin plugin.
Input supports offline data capture and can be configured to use either offline or web-based background maps and contextual layers.
With Mergin, Input’s powerful sync system:
- No need for cables to get your data on/off your device
- Share projects with others for collaborative working
- Safely work together on the same datasets, even offline
- Updates from different surveyors are intelligently merged
- Push data back from the field in real time
- Version history and cloud-based backup
- Fine-grained access control
- Sync with your PostGIS datasets
Supported field types for forms are:
- Text (single or multi-line)
- Numeric (plain, with +/- buttons or with slider)
- Date / time (with calendar picker)
- Checkbox (yes/no values)
- Drop-down with predefined values
- Drop-down with values from another table
Forms can even be configured to perform data validation using custom rules.
Works with device internal GPS receiver and third-party Bluetooth GPS receivers.
New features in this release:
- added possibility to rescale taken images to save storage
Fixes in this release:
- fixed several issues when database schema changes
- refresh map canvas after a sync
- added special handling for the names of the conflicted files for QGIS project files
- delete button is hidden when adding new features
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent if you’re a business
I have QGIS at home and this is also a great way of taking a project with you on the road. But the data cap for free version can be constraining, especially if there are several layers in the project. Unfortunately, the current entry level monthly payment is unacceptably high for most of us. Create a $10/month plan with some restrictions (like how many projects you can have), then you would catch more of us GIS amateurs out there. Or maybe I’m not the target market, and that’s okay too.
App honestly works fine but for some reason and I have absolutely no idea why the app’s language was defaulting to Russian or languages other than English for me. Not exactly an issue for me but just took an extra minute to get into the app for a project. If anyone knows the fix for it, that would be appreciated.
Developer Response ,
Hi UUh okay, app default to you primary phone language. We are happy to assist via our email@example.com or merginmaps.com/community/join
Great to pair with QGIS for Field Data Collection
The combination of Input (data input app), Mergin (cloud storage) and QGIS (GIS data) is excellent for collecting our data in the field and working with the data in the office.
With Input, I’m able to easily view, create, or update asset information while in the field, with or without cellular connectivity.
This is a powerful combination that lets me get work done!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LUTRA CONSULTING LIMITED
- 109.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Lutra Consulting Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mergin Individual Plan $37.99
- Mergin Professional Plan $69.99