Capture field data and photos without paper
Simplify site visits by capturing field data on your mobile or tablet. Create mobile forms with the fields you require and invite your survey teams to complete them on their phones or tablets. Captured data, along with their location can be surveyed offline, then synced back to the office in seconds.
Enter your data once, with ease, in the field. Input aims to remove the pain of transcribing paper field notes, manually georeferencing photos and transcribing GPS coordinates.
The data you capture in the field is shown on a map and can be exported to a wide variety of formats including CSV, Microsoft Excel, ESRI Shapefile, Mapinfo, GeoPackage, PostGIS, AutoCAD DXF, KML and many more.
Input is an extension of the free and open source GIS software QGIS. Input allows you to open, interrogate and edit your QGIS projects on your mobile. Map layers look the same as in QGIS desktop and you can sync your data back and forward with QGIS desktop using the Mergin plugin.
Input supports offline data capture and can be configured to use either offline or web-based background maps and contextual layers.
With Mergin, Input’s powerful sync system:
- No need for cables to get your data on/off your device
- Share projects with others for collaborative working
- Safely work together on the same datasets, even offline
- Updates from different surveyors are intelligently merged
- Push data back from the field in real time
- Version history and cloud-based backup
- Fine-grained access control
- Sync with your PostGIS datasets
Supported field types for forms are:
- Text (single or multi-line)
- Numeric (plain, with +/- buttons or with slider)
- Date / time (with calendar picker)
- Checkbox (yes/no values)
- Drop-down with predefined values
- Drop-down with values from another table
Forms can even be configured to perform data validation using custom rules.
Works with device internal GPS receiver and third-party Bluetooth GPS receivers.
- Ability to fill attributes of a feature by scanning QR Code
- Alert message about unsaved changes in feature form
- Save button in feature form moved to the top of a page
- Several design changes in feature form
- Fixed recording crash on fresh opened project
- Fixed reading and writing of Input app settings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LUTRA CONSULTING LIMITED
- 97.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Lutra Consulting Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mergin Individual Plan $14.49
- Mergin Professional Plan $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.