Input: QGIS in your pocket
Simplify site visits by capturing field data on your mobile or tablet. Create mobile forms with the fields you require and invite your survey teams to complete them on their phones or tablets. Captured data, along with their location can be surveyed offline, then synced back to the office in seconds.
Enter your data once, with ease, in the field. Input aims to remove the pain of transcribing paper field notes, manually georeferencing photos and transcribing GPS coordinates.
The data you capture in the field is shown on a map and can be exported to a wide variety of formats including CSV, Microsoft Excel, ESRI Shapefile, Mapinfo, GeoPackage, PostGIS, AutoCAD DXF, KML and many more.
Input is an extension of the free and open source GIS software QGIS. Input allows you to open, interrogate and edit your QGIS projects on your mobile. Map layers look the same as in QGIS desktop and you can sync your data back and forward with QGIS desktop using the Mergin plugin.
Input supports offline data capture and can be configured to use either offline or web-based background maps and contextual layers.
With Mergin, Input’s powerful sync system:
- No need for cables to get your data on/off your device
- Share projects with others for collaborative working
- Safely work together on the same datasets, even offline
- Updates from different surveyors are intelligently merged
- Push data back from the field in real time
- Version history and cloud-based backup
- Fine-grained access control
- Sync with your PostGIS datasets
Supported field types for forms are:
- Text (single or multi-line)
- Numeric (plain, with +/- buttons or with slider)
- Date / time (with calendar picker)
- Checkbox (yes/no values)
- Drop-down with predefined values
- Drop-down with values from another table
Forms can even be configured to perform data validation using custom rules.
Works with device internal GPS receiver and third-party Bluetooth GPS receivers.
- Added relation reference editor
- Added possibility to add geometry of linked features in relations widget
- Added selective sync feature - possibility to exclude files from sharing
- Automatic fetch of projects replaced "Fetch more" button
- Allowed synchronization of invalid projects
- Losing internet connection during synchronization no longer leads to crash
- Relations widget is now added in an autogenerated layout
Ratings and Reviews
Great to pair with QGIS for Field Data Collection
The combination of Input (data input app), Mergin (cloud storage) and QGIS (GIS data) is excellent for collecting our data in the field and working with the data in the office.
With Input, I’m able to easily view, create, or update asset information while in the field, with or without cellular connectivity.
This is a powerful combination that lets me get work done!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LUTRA CONSULTING LIMITED
- 99.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lutra Consulting Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mergin Individual Plan $37.99
- Mergin Professional Plan $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.