Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase.
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
inRoute Pro: $3.99 monthly, or $29.99 annually. Test 7 days for free. Create routes with up to 150 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
- Performance updates and bug fixes
v7.1: Now available on the Mac App Store (Catalina)!
• Sync Between Devices: Plan routes on your Mac, navigate on iOS
• Included with Pro: Full access to Mac version for inRoute Pro iOS users
• Redesigned for the Mac: New Split-View Interface, Multiple Windows, Keyboard Controls
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite App - Since 2014
I'm a long distance motorcycle rider and love taking the back, winding road. I also run a large sport touring motorcycle group and plan very complex rally routes in the Smokey Mountains. I've tried out so many route apps and have paid for all of them. InRoute stands out far ahead of all others. It's not even a contest. Many other apps depend on a computer based application where you can view a route on the app. Some focus on uploading to a GPS, but few, if any, do it all on your phone or tablet. Those that can display a route rarely provide spoken turn by turn directions and none provides the ability to find gas stations along the route at 200 mile intervals and hotels ever 8 hours of driving, while adding layovers and stops at designated points. But where all others fall down is editing a given route on the fly from your phone. One more point of interest. Data is needed when you start a route. If you ride into areas where there is zero data access, you will always see your designated route and spoken turn by turn directions will always take you on your planned route.
All in all, there is no better route planner - period. Faithful InRoute user since 2014.
Planning Motorcycle Rides
Have been looking for a Route Planner, this works pretty well. Took some time to become familiar with the features, I use it for Motorcycle rides and its been fun planning out the Routes. After mapping out the trips, they can be titled and saved and can be shared. The app allows you to map out a desired route using what they call waypoints, the only problems I have found is, if you're not careful where you drop the way points, it will direct you off route, once you pass that way point, the app tries to redirect you back to that point . Would be cool if there were a skip button that directed you to the next waypoint on your programmed Route allowing you to continue the trip with out confusion, other than that, as I said before, it works Pretty well.
Apparently they listen well, there is a skip button if you want to proceed past a waypoint..cool!
Now I wish there were a version for a desk top, if I could map out a route on my IMac and transfer the route to my phone or a flash drive, that would be awesome,
Great updates so far, loving the app!!
The best routing app out there!
Like many other motorcyclists, I have looked for and tried many map routing programs and apps. But none compare to the succwss I have had using inRoute. The fact that I can design my own back roads route is worth a lot, since I stay off Interstates whenever possible. Most other apps force you to map out the shorest and/or fastest route, which is usually not my objectvei at all.
Add to that the funcaitonality that this app connects with my iPhone and iPad at the same time, allowing me to develop the route on iPad with the larger screen and then use that route via bliue tooth from my iPhone to my headset while ion the road makes this app totally usable and functional for the serious rider.
Topping it all off is the quick responsiviness of the Help desk when you have a question. They helped me understand the various commands and functions in a short period of time and ocntinue to support me long after the app was purchased. I've actually talked with the developer himself!
I would give this app 10 stars if allowed!
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 58 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- One-Time Route Planner Premium $4.99
- One-time Navigation & Severe Weather $9.99
- inRoute Premium $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.