Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the iOS App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations on your iOS device, with automatic severe weather alerts*
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times*
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Enter your RV specs to avoid clearance issues and propane restrictions
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info.
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
*Weather forecasts are available worldwide. Severe weather alerts are currently available in the US, EU, Canada and Israel.
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
- $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
- Bug fixes
New in v8.0: RV Route Type - Enter your RV specs to avoid clearance issues and propane restrictions
• Selectable POIs - Select points of interest on the map to get information or add to route (iOS 16)
• New Maps - Improved detail, 3D city views and terrain (iOS 16)
• Look Around - 360° street-level imagery in select cities and countries (iOS 16)
Ratings and Reviews
Great App - Get to know it
I've used this trip on over 10k miles of rides. After you get use to this app, it's extremely accurate and easy to use. Setup layovers/lunch time/gas time and more and you will know exactly when you will be at what location. My only frustration is trying to build summer trips during the winter....Closed roads will be re-routed, so just need a way to force through closed roads when building trip. I build many rides during the winter for summer rides, so while those roads are closed in winter, they are open in summer.
Cool App, Too Expensive
I'm not against subscription software. I actually think it's a very good model for both the user and developer when priced fairly. At $4/month or $30/year, this app is simply overpriced (unless you're a hardcore road tripper).
inRoute has a very nice user interface and some great features. It is by far the best road trip planning app I've tried. That being said, for a casual user who plans a few road trips per year, inRoute is too expensive. It costs roughly the same as 1Password, an indispensable utility that I use every single day.
I'd love to support inRoute. I'd gladly subscribe at a more reasonable pricepoint, but I simply don't plan enough road trips to justify the cost. On it's own, $4/month isn't much. But these days, we're expected to pay $4/month for this, that, and all these other apps. And it adds up fast.
Aweseom Roadtrip Tool
What can I say, this app makes taking a roadtrip that more fun. I was planning my cross country trip and back and was agonizing over how to plan the route. Then I found this app, and it makes all the differnence in the world. I love that it syncs across my Apple devices. The search option is extremely helpful, down to the street level. The only comment or "Suggestion" I would like to make is to improve the Apple Car Play interface. It is fairly limited. I wish it looked and performed more like Apple Maps on Car Play.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 39.4 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $4.99
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $39.99