Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations on your iOS device, with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase.
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
inRoute Pro: $3.99 monthly, or $29.99 annually. Test 7 days for free. Create routes with up to 150 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
- Performance updates and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Finally an excellent travel planning tool for the Mac
I was excited yesterday when I saw that the app was now available for the Mac. It is by far the best tool for planning a trip that I've ever found. In a very short time, I was able to plan a 10 day trip through the west with timed stopovers. Love it, and absolutely worth the subscription cost!!!
Man you guys were on a roll. Then you got a flat tire!!!
Been using the app on my iPad and iPhone for years. It is my favorite goto routing app.
I read the other review you have on the app store. I don't know who told you customers prefer subscriptions over one time purchases. I dont know a single person that would agree to the comment you made about higher one time purchases and add-ons in your response. I am removing the app from my mac as soon as the free period ends to reclaim the wasted space.
I'm giving you 2 stars because I love the app on my iOS devices (5 Stars), do the math...
No one time purchase for macOS?
As a loyal, long-term inRoute customer I was delighted to see that you decided to leverage Catalyst to provide a macOS version but I'm disappointed to find out that my existing in-app-purchase is not valid.
That said, I appreciate that porting an iPad app to macOS is not as easy as "clicking a checkbox" if you want to "do it right" (and it looks as if quite some effort went into polishing the macOS user experience, which is great) so I would have been perfectly happy to pay ANOTHER ONE TIME PURCHASE to unlock the macOS version but it appears as if the macOS version is only usable with subscription - which is a dealbreaker!
I would have been happy to easily pay $50 in addition to my previous iOS purchase for access to the macOS version but by enforcing your questionable subscription policy you just lost a loyal customer.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed, but given inRoute's many recurring service provider costs and 6+ year operation, inRoute has not been a good fit for a one-time purchase option for some time. However, we're happy to continue supporting users who purchased our previous one-time purchase options on iOS.
You are correct that we put considerable effort into bringing inRoute to the Mac, but it's not sustainable to include access to this platform for your previous one-time upgrade price. I appreciate your willingness to pay a premium for a one-time Mac platform version, and we certainly considered it, but higher one-time purchase prices and add-ons have generally not been received favorably by users.
We're proud to be able to include full access to the Mac version to subscribers for no additional cost! Subscribers can now access inRoute's Pro services on both iOS and Mac, with monthly billing options for those who only need occasional access. I hope you'll give inRoute Pro a try on your Mac at least for the 7-day trial, but understand if you decide a subscription model is not for you. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions/feedback at email@example.com
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 27.9 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $3.99
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.