Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the iOS App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations on your iOS device, with automatic severe weather alerts*
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times*
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Enter your RV specs to avoid clearance issues and propane restrictions
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info.
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
*Weather forecasts are available worldwide. Severe weather alerts are currently available in the US, EU, Canada and Israel.
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
- $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
- Compatibility updates for upcoming macOS releases
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Motorcycle Epic Trips
I got inRoute to help plan a 3 week, 4500 mile loop for an epic motorcycle trip with a couple friends. I had tried Google Maps, but got frustrated with limitations on number of waypoints and seasonal road closures preventing routing for our summer trip. It has been fairly intuitive to learn and use. The ability to turn off seasonal road closures and either take or avoid highways is great. While we didn't use the maximize curviness feature, it would be interesting to compare an inRoute high-curve plan with Butler maps to see how well the high-curviness correlates to high-rated roads. Auto waypoint optimization is great too, but we had a loop planned around Glacier National Park and in order to take the route we wanted (a clockwise loop) I wound up using manual waypoint ordering which also proved quite intuitive and easy to learn. I can't speak to live navigation via the phone yet, but the sync from computer to iPhone IOS inRoute app looks promising. Also, very nice to be able to export detailed route with turn-by-turn instructions, jpeg overview map image, and gpx file to share with others to collaborate on planning the route. Highly recommended.
Great App & Fantasic Support
I've been using this as the main app for navigation for my motorcycle trips, both solo and for groups. I'm the one that never has issues as this app has been rock solid and works with CarPlay on my bike. I did have one issue with CarPlay only showing the time to the next waypoint and not the destination so I reached out for support via email. Less than a day a received a very comprehensive reply that showed me how to change waypoints to vias and this should work out just fine. The old addage, you get what you pay for, this app is worth every penny.
Cool App, Too Expensive
I'm not against subscription software. I actually think it's a very good model for both the user and developer when priced fairly. At $4/month or $30/year, this app is simply overpriced (unless you're a hardcore road tripper).
inRoute has a very nice user interface and some great features. It is by far the best road trip planning app I've tried. That being said, for a casual user who plans a few road trips per year, inRoute is too expensive. It costs roughly the same as 1Password, an indispensable utility that I use every single day.
I'd love to support inRoute. I'd gladly subscribe at a more reasonable pricepoint, but I simply don't plan enough road trips to justify the cost. On it's own, $4/month isn't much. But these days, we're expected to pay $4/month for this, that, and all these other apps. And it adds up fast.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 39.2 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $4.99
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $39.99