Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the iOS App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations on your iOS device, with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
- $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
• Improved Italian, Dutch, and Portuguese translations of turn-by-turn directions
• Performance updates
New in v7.4: Now in CarPlay!
Ratings and Reviews
Great App - Get to know it
I route trips for a large group on Motorcycle trips. This app I've used for 3000 miles trips and it never let's me down. It takes some time getting use to the app, but once you do....you will be able to route on your desktop and it saves to phone, you can route on your phone easily for last minute needs and/or changes to planned route. The timeline is spot on so you can count on the time to be accurate on your route. I only use this app now for all our trips.
Cool App, Too Expensive
I'm not against subscription software. I actually think it's a very good model for both the user and developer when priced fairly. At $4/month or $30/year, this app is simply overpriced (unless you're a hardcore road tripper).
inRoute has a very nice user interface and some great features. It is by far the best road trip planning app I've tried. That being said, for a casual user who plans a few road trips per year, inRoute is too expensive. It costs roughly the same as 1Password, an indispensable utility that I use every single day.
I'd love to support inRoute. I'd gladly subscribe at a more reasonable pricepoint, but I simply don't plan enough road trips to justify the cost. On it's own, $4/month isn't much. But these days, we're expected to pay $4/month for this, that, and all these other apps. And it adds up fast.
I'm attempting to replace Google Maps for road trip planning and InRoute has done a good job in doing so. I've only tested the planning and not the actual navigation, yet. With that said, there are a few glitches I found with the Mac app:
1. It appears to be using Apple Maps but doesn't support an important Magic Mouse gesture offered Maps - holding Shift and scrolling to zoom. Adding this would save a lot of time from having to click to zoom in & out.
2. Randomly the app will cease to respond to inputs then suddenly do so, zooming uncontrollably. My Mac's specs are fairly high-end primarily used for photo editing so I don't think it's a resource issue with my Mac.
3. It will also inexplicably pan to a random are nearby where I'm working. This is further frustrated by the inability to easily zoom out and reorientate.
Key up with the good work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! One option besides the +/- buttons for zooming is you can Shift-click and drag (i.e. hold down the Shift key and mouse button, and then drag the mouse itself). This works in Apple Maps too. We'll look into whether we can support the shift-scroll gesture you mentioned as well.
We haven't had any reports about the map unexpectedly panning or missing key/click inputs, though. We have seen our Macs with Bluetooth mice and keyboards temporarily stop responding to input, then suddenly respond multiple times at once as though they're catching up with the missed input, similar to what you described. In those cases the mouse/keyboard was either low on charge, or the bluetooth signal was weak (Apple's support doc HT201542 helped identify USB drives that were causing interference). Maybe something similar is happening, but otherwise don't hesitate to contact us with the Help menu or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we're happy to look into it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 35.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15.4 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $4.99
- inRoute Pro (Mac) $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.