Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts*
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times*
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info.
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
*Weather forecasts are available worldwide. Severe weather alerts are currently available in the US, EU, Canada and Israel.
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
- $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
Routing Improvements - Avoidance criteria (tolls, etc.) can now be set as the default route profile
Ignore Closed Roads - Easily plan future trips while roads are closed in winter (App Settings > Advanced)
More - Improved route data and other performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite App - Since 2014
I'm a long distance motorcycle rider and love taking the back, winding road. I also run a large sport touring motorcycle group and plan very complex rally routes in the Smokey Mountains. I've tried out so many route apps and have paid for all of them. InRoute stands out far ahead of all others. It's not even a contest. Many other apps depend on a computer based application where you can view a route on the app. Some focus on uploading to a GPS, but few, if any, do it all on your phone or tablet. Those that can display a route rarely provide spoken turn by turn directions and none provides the ability to find gas stations along the route at 200 mile intervals and hotels ever 8 hours of driving, while adding layovers and stops at designated points. But where all others fall down is editing a given route on the fly from your phone. One more point of interest. Data is needed when you start a route. If you ride into areas where there is zero data access, you will always see your designated route and spoken turn by turn directions will always take you on your planned route.
All in all, there is no better route planner - period. Faithful InRoute user since 2014.
Free Version Useless With No Weather At All
I must be missing something? Why would one use the free app with nothing offered that one doesn’t get in planning a trip in Apple or Google Maps. **UPDATE** The developer is attentive & responsive and replied below. I’ll try the Trial subscription route but I’m not a big fan as that puts the onus on the trial user to remember to cancel the subscriptions different apps’ trials may have setup. But still appreciate an attentive developer. Will change star rating once I’ve successfully trialed and either paid or cancelled.
**UPDATE** VERY attentive developer. VERY real world use based thinking. Great tools find spots along route eg gas every 200 miles. Changed to 4-stars. I still find the weather graph at the bottom much less useful than DriveWeather’s overlay right on the route line, plus changing start time is very tedious if exploring options on best time/day to leave with least rain (DW great UI for that). The developer explained their limitations but understood my use case above and saw the value. So, can’t give 5-stars but solid 4-star app. I trialed but didn’t cancel yet. It’s $40 per year vs DW’s $10 is a reason I will likely only get it for the months I am planning a long drive. Dev should consider better lower pricing.
Developer Response ,
The free app includes basic features so you can try most of the app's interface including creating routes with up to 8 locations, but the app's premium features require a subscription (routes with up to 150 locations, weather data, sync/export, and the Mac version). There's a 7-day trial on the Upgrades screen so you can try everything first, including the weather data you mentioned. More details are available on the app's Upgrades screen (under the map's "More" button). Please contact us through the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Amazing tool for professionals
I run heavy haul support as a safety escort vehicle. I'm often in the lead of convoys several trucks and escort cars long weighing more than 250K lbs on each trailer. needless to say, my attention needs to stay squarely focused on the road and keeping other motorists safe. with inroute, I can pre-plan a unique route required for each individual job. once programmed, I can save it, rename it, and store it for later use, including ability to share over text, email, and all social media services. this app has already proven its worth in the few thousand miles i've had it.
one feature I would like to see added in the future: ability to mark my location as the starting point, hit RECORD, allow the app to track and follow my movements in real time, and for me to set waypoints along the way. after i select a destination, Recording would stop and a new route would be shown on the map with the ability to edit and save. can't wait to see what new features are coming next, BUT THIS would be monumentally huge. thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 80.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro $4.99
- inRoute Pro $39.99
- Pro for Families $5.99
- Pro for Families $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.