This application offers a unique approach to project management, which represents your project not just as a plan, but as a coordinated mechanism moving towards the goal.
The original technique allows you to break down project objectives into smaller goals, processes and resources, but not get lost in the details, but always see the overall structure of the project as a whole. After all, project management is not a mechanical observance of the plan, but the achievement of project goals, which should not be overlooked.
The application combines the classic project approach based on Gantt charts and project management through workflow diagrams. As a rule, Gantt charts are ideal for presenting project schedules, but they are not so convenient for reflecting the complex structure of the relationship between processes, goals and resources.
More formally, the program allows you to build a customized, based on the BPMN notation, PERT diagram of the project (with events and processes at nodes). Then this description of the project is used to generate a Gantt chart and track the progress of the project.
So, inShort is a powerful project and business process management tool, which can be applied not only in office but also for personal purposes. You can further explore the capabilities of the program with the detailed interactive User Guide.
Key features of the application:
• Building the diagram of processes and resources of the project (PERT network diagram of the project, based on BPMN notation).
• The ability to drill down the elements of workflow diagrams.
• Tracking the execution of the project.
• Integration with the standard Calendar.
• Displaying the list of project tasks in the form of a Gantt chart.
• Separation of physical and information flows of the project.
• Ability to specify the expected time of execution, both directly and parametrically.
• Export of charts into PDF files and OPML outlines.
• Project management according to the methodology of the Theory of Constraints.
• Working calendars taking into account various schedules of work for implementation of tasks.
• Work resources and their assignment to tasks.
• Queues of tasks: organize the work with active tasks in accordance with the elements of the GTD methodology.
• Checklists for diagrams — monitor the sequence of actions for project management step by step.
Advanced features of project management in accordance with the Theory of Constraints technique:
• finding the critical path;
• positioning of time buffers of the project;
• calculation of buffer sizes;
• calculation of late starts for feeding paths of the project;
• tracking of time indicators during project execution.
inShort Pro — application version for experienced and advanced users, contains advanced and service functions useful for in-depth work with diagrams.
Functions included in inShort Pro:
• Working with layers of diagrams;
The inShort Pro version is available by monthly subscription. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Cannot solve a problem? Draw it inShort and sort things out with it there. It's like voodoo but it works.
Fixed several bugs and inaccuracies of the previous version.
- - -
Dark theme of the interface:
• forms of the application adapted for a dark background;
• the theme of the diagrams is switched along with the theme of the interface.
Improved stability of the application.
Notification: from December 1, 2019 the workflow.link service will be disabled, please transfer the diagrams important for you to the local application in advance.
Ratings and Reviews
Well thought out, good implementation
I have been looking for process diagramming apps that let you create a library of everyday processes, and this is the most useful I have found so far. The learning curve may be a bit steep, and the interface could be more intuitive at times, but overall it is a really well done app for specialists who need this sort of thing.
It would be better if you could mark tasks done with one touch, if timed steps were more animated (with a display of time remaining and elapsed, for example), and if it could store data in a more useful way so you could actually use it to do things like track service schedules and trip mileage for your car, and then produce a report.
I love that you can select text formatting, embed illustrations (pictures, but unfortunately not video) and web links. The diagraming interface gets the job done without being too clumsy. The list view is pretty good, but having the status of items all the way on the right makes it look cluttered and hard to read. With a little more work, this could become a very useful tool for everyday use.
A Truly Fantastic App
Ok, there is a little bit of a learning curve at first but the app really does an amazing job to help you get through it and become familiar with the UI. Once you do get the hang of using this, it’s wonderful and so very adaptive for creating projects and job work flows. It feels like this app requires much less effort from me to put together something visual for others. I can put more focus on actually thinking of and planning a process. It’s my favorite app for tasking flows, problem solving, and project management. Highly recommended.
Brilliant and very useful
First, this app does have a learning curve and there is plenty to learn. But it is well worth learning and far from impossible with a little patience. The app is powerful, feature-rich, and allows detailed, visually intuitive planning processes. I downloaded it last night (along with half a dozen other project planning apps, now deleted), worked through about half of the tutorial (I'll go back for the rest), and in an hour or so today have mapped out a forthcoming 10 month project in a way that will give me an intuitive overview and a way of tracking the steps (I generally find Gantt-oriented programs a bad fit for the more fuzzy-boundaried projects I am involved in - this is perfect). This is the best app for iPad that I've seen in terms of giving me tools to make my work easier (as opposed to dumbed down cute interfaces with lack of control over detail). A little patience is needed to discover best ways of working with the app - e.g. I started out following the guide and creating new objects by dragging boxes, which is a bit finnicky - then realised I could drag default objects from the list, which suits me better. I would like to see the ability to add a background color to each object to make it easier to make certain parts of the process stand out to me visually before they are due.
- Iouri Korotkikh
- 50.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2011 - 2017 Jury Shortki
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.