* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Insight Courses
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us over here: https://help.insighttimer.com
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
Thank you for being part of our community of 19 million!
- Introducing the Daily Check-in. Build a history of your mindful journey and how meditation is impacting your everyday mood and wellbeing.
- This version also includes several bug fixes and performance enhancements.
For any questions or feedback, please contact our wonderful Help Desk Team by emailing email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Old Business Owner’s Perspective
Running a $6 million a year engineering company & dealing with everything else in life took me to a place where my mind never stopped racing thinking about the problem from yesterday and the possible problem tomorrow. After looking at the free app on my IPAD for many, many years, I decided to go for the premium edition & do some on-line meditation classes. Now I get it. I still think about the problems from yesterday and I still plan for tomorrow’s problems, but it is done when I decide it is time to do it, not continuously. I am calmer, more focused, & far better equipped to handle whatever comes my way. But the best part is, I can now fully enjoy going for a run, pumping heavy iron in the gym, spending time with my wife, watching a movie, picking up the phone to reconnect with a friend, and all the other things that are so important in addition to work. All the hype in the wellness literature is correct - meditation done properly ( which to me doesn’t mean rigidly and hardcore with a specific set of rules beyond doing it and being open ) is life changing. Give yourself a real gift this year, sign up for premium, pay the money, take a beginner’s class, and buckle up for an amazing adventure. As the add on TV says, “I’m a member for life”, because it has given me a new one and I love the benefits of a 10 to 15 minute a day guided meditation practice.
What a resource!!
I initially downloaded this app for the timer - a nice variety of authentic sounding bowls, blocks, and chimes. Fast forward four years and I'm continually blown away by the incredible amount and quality of the guided meditation content now available here! All for free!! With new recordings arriving each day, there's everything from basic breath work and mindfulness practices, to creative visualization and hypnotherapy, Yoga Nidra, meditations on specific topics (I've noticed everything from improving your ball game to having a healthy pregnancy!), children's meditations, meditations in a variety of foreign languages, music, and spiritual talks. While most of the offerings seem to be pretty secular, there are some which might appeal more specifically to people with backgrounds in Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and probably other religions as well. There's everything from world renown spiritual leaders to up and coming teachers from around the world. I've found some real gems here and have bookmarked many more than I'll probably ever get to as I keep coming back to some favorites. I haven't gotten into the social aspect of this app, but that is also there for people who want that. I do enjoy seeing the charts of my practice over time and feel more centered and able to cope with life as I enjoy realizing the personal goals I've set. Thank you!!
I TEACH MEDITATION
As a teacher, I’ve been recommending different apps and music for my students and patients over the years and I can honestly say that I have switched and I use Insight Timer EVERY DAY without fail and have done so since the day I found it! I recommend it to everyone! I’m so impressed with the content and how it’s broken down by category and by time. If you only have a few minutes, you still can access a mind space to breathe.
There is so much to explore and do within this little app. You can choose to approach meditation from a spiritual or scientific angle, you can simply use it to breathe or listen to lectures and learn something new, you can use it as a meditation timer or go into a chat room and discuss meditation or philosophy with other like minded people.
The option to join and become part of a community and connect with other people on the journey of learning and discovery is wonderful, and it’s international platform makes it uniquely powerful.
I can’t say enough about this because it’s so much more than an app, it’s an idea that came together in an app and created an international community of meditators and made it accessible to even the newest beginner. I have passed this app on to over a hundred people and will continue to do so! I can’t recommend this enough!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Insight Network Inc
- 186.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $59.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $9.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 1 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.