* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Insight Courses
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us over here: https://help.insighttimer.com
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
Thank you for being part of our growing global community of 19 million meditators! To give you the best experience there is, here are some new updates to explore and enjoy:
- One-to-one messaging: An easier way to chat and share top Insight Timer content with friends. Plus, you can view any 'thanks for meditating' messages separately to one-on-one conversations, so you can keep track of who's grateful and respond right back.
- Teacher profile pages: Get to know your favorite teachers even better, and stay on top of their latest offerings, classes, and practices.
For any questions or feedback, please contact our handy Help Desk Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Love timer for meditation...
Yes! The timer for meditation works very well for a meditation with “steps”—I use it when meditating with either three or six “aspects”/steps. However, although I recognize that folks also do a more open/Zen meditation which doesn’t need such close timing, I wonder if “folks” could choose to have the music sequences “not count” as meditations. Reason: I am getting “credit” for using music to help me get to sleep OR “return to sleep” as I adjust to a new sometimes noisy home (during a pandemic)... Thanks for opportunity to give feedback! Re: I also loved the webinar “gentle yoga class” class with Carolyn Budgell. I actually felt wonderful—beyond any expectations for a remote class. Amazing calm and my body relaxed and I remained in silence in body and mind. Is Carolyn offering a series? I’ll go back and check I signed up for other classes that were more like lectures—folks were messaging and adding contributions while the presenter/s were talking. My Insight was there was too much busyness...for me, that is! And I missed three workshops that I’d signed up for—a sign to me to make decisions based on current needs rather than curiosity because, I imagine that it’s disconcerting for someone to see folks leaving. Personally. I feel that approach could keep a leader constantly looking at her/his #s... Too much info for me, at least, at age 76!
What a resource!!
I initially downloaded this app for the timer - a nice variety of authentic sounding bowls, blocks, and chimes. Fast forward four years and I'm continually blown away by the incredible amount and quality of the guided meditation content now available here! All for free!! With new recordings arriving each day, there's everything from basic breath work and mindfulness practices, to creative visualization and hypnotherapy, Yoga Nidra, meditations on specific topics (I've noticed everything from improving your ball game to having a healthy pregnancy!), children's meditations, meditations in a variety of foreign languages, music, and spiritual talks. While most of the offerings seem to be pretty secular, there are some which might appeal more specifically to people with backgrounds in Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and probably other religions as well. There's everything from world renown spiritual leaders to up and coming teachers from around the world. I've found some real gems here and have bookmarked many more than I'll probably ever get to as I keep coming back to some favorites. I haven't gotten into the social aspect of this app, but that is also there for people who want that. I do enjoy seeing the charts of my practice over time and feel more centered and able to cope with life as I enjoy realizing the personal goals I've set. Thank you!!
I TEACH MEDITATION
As a teacher, I’ve been recommending different apps and music for my students and patients over the years and I can honestly say that I have switched and I use Insight Timer EVERY DAY without fail and have done so since the day I found it! I recommend it to everyone! I’m so impressed with the content and how it’s broken down by category and by time. If you only have a few minutes, you still can access a mind space to breathe.
There is so much to explore and do within this little app. You can choose to approach meditation from a spiritual or scientific angle, you can simply use it to breathe or listen to lectures and learn something new, you can use it as a meditation timer or go into a chat room and discuss meditation or philosophy with other like minded people.
The option to join and become part of a community and connect with other people on the journey of learning and discovery is wonderful, and it’s international platform makes it uniquely powerful.
I can’t say enough about this because it’s so much more than an app, it’s an idea that came together in an app and created an international community of meditators and made it accessible to even the newest beginner. I have passed this app on to over a hundred people and will continue to do so! I can’t recommend this enough!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Insight Network Inc
- 215.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $59.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $9.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 1 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.