Hello from snowCanoe in Canada!
With no subscription fees or in-app purchases, we promise that you own Inspire and all future updates forever, with just one purchase.
Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful, and painstakingly engineered for iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing, and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™ takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision, and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
Whether you are a budding artist, seasoned professional, or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 150 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 15 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Spray Paint, Paint Splatter, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk, Charcoal, Pastels & Conté, Basic Shapes, Complex Shapes, Shape Outlines, Patterns, and Textures
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending), or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
The Best Painting App for iPad
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle, orientation, and double-tap
• Smart Keyboard support with over 20 context-sensitive keyboard shortcuts
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity, and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated, and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
Full-Featured Color Picker
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square, and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos, and artwork.
This update contains several bug fixes and small improvements as we continually work toward refining the app to maintain its high quality.
Ratings and Reviews
A go-to app👍
Was always able to walk away from the digital art thing, it was always too jarring a difference from convention. This was the first app I tried that blurred the line enough to feel seamless.
There’s no lag, and it’s more fluid than the other big apps. Coupled with the Apple Pencil, it’s a very realistic experience. The interface is minimalist and welcomed by me having tried way too many apps that feel like operating the hadron collider.
Most of the screen is free to create, and making changes is simple and intuitive. The dry brush is pretty incredible, and lifelike. Quick and easy to jump in, pick up or leave off...it makes for a very pleasant use of time. I occasionally use others, but have found this to be the “hub” of my iPad. Everything inspire offers it does very well, extending all the way to customer service. The developer is always there quickly if you need assistance, and is as pleasant as they are helpful. Lots of fun, and usually the only frustration is my pencil running low on power.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really makes all the time we've spent working on the app worthwhile! We're so glad that you find it easy to use, but also realistic as well, especially with Apple Pencil. Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime about anything else with the app, we're more than happy to help!
The power to create right at your fingertips
Imagine having an art studio filled with colored pencils, artists markers, chalk, charcoal, oil paints, acrylics, sketching pens & pencils & And endless supply of canvas and paper of every type of imaginable. That’s what you get with this program.I’ve only just begun to play with it and am amazed at the ability to mix and blend colors and mediums with stunningly real appearance. And yet I have none of the mess I would were I working with those mediums outside of the digital workspace.
Granted there is something to be said about the tactile feel of paint and charcoal on your skin and in your hand. But for usability and ease of switching between materials, this program is amazing. I am eager to complete several projects I’ve been trying to finish with the help of inspire Pro.
Developer Response ,
Hi The Quintessential Q,
This is a bit of a late reply, but we just wanted to thank you for the incredible review, we really appreciate it! We have definitely strived to make the mixing and blending of colors with different mediums in the app as realistic as possible, so it's very nice to hear that you're finding it amazing so far.
Great app! Just some room for improvement.
This app is AMAZING. There is just a little room for improvement.
I would really like it to be easier to scroll in the gallery. I would also like it so that you can adjust the size of the paper. When I have to draw on a small scale, everything is all pixelated and it is kinda hard to draw like that. Also, I would like it so that there would be more brushes. I can draw with the brushes we have now but maybe other people might want more for different effects. Also, like Procreate, you should have layers. It would make blending way easier.
I would really like to see these changes in the next update if possible. Great app though!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review and detailed feedback and suggestions! You will definitely see layers and more brushes coming in future updates and we will consider making changes to the gallery to make navigation easier.
You can select any custom canvas size that you like from the New Canvas menu, from 100x100 for pixel art all the way up to 16K, depending on what kind of iPad you have.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 298 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 snowCanoe
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.