Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful, and painstakingly engineered for iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing, and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™ takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision, and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
Whether you are a budding artist, seasoned professional, or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 150 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 15 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Spray Paint, Paint Splatter, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk, Charcoal, Pastels & Conté, Basic Shapes, Complex Shapes, Shape Outlines, Patterns, and Textures
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending), or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle, orientation, and double-tap
• Smart Keyboard support with over 20 context-sensitive keyboard shortcuts
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity, and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated, and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
• Create a painting right within the Messages app, starting from a blank canvas or an image from your Photos
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square, and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos, and artwork.
New 12.9” and 11” iPad Pro
• If you have a shiny new iPad Pro, you're going to love it even more with this Inspire Pro update
• The UI fills the beautiful new 12.9” and 11” screens
• Paint colors look vibrant and luscious on the new Liquid Retina displays
• Paint, draw, and sketch faster than ever before with our updated painting engine Sorcery, fully optimized for the new A12X Bionic chip and running at 120 FPS on ProMotion displays
• As always, the entire app works in both portrait and landscape orientations, as well as split-view, with all of the UI adapting seamlessly to the new iPad Pro screens
Apple Pencil (2nd generation)
• Full support for the double-tap gesture of the new Apple Pencil
• By default, you can use double-tap to toggle the eraser on and off, switch to the previously used brush, or show the Color menu, configurable from the Settings in iOS
• There is a new section of Inspire Pro’s Settings that is dedicated to Apple Pencil now and it includes a new menu that allows you to customize the double-tap gesture to perform 9 different actions, including toggling the dry brush on and off, showing the Brush menu, and invoking the eyedropper
Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12
• Hey Siri, painting time!
• Add a shortcut to Siri in iOS 12 from Settings > Siri & Search or the Shortcuts app to automatically open Inspire Pro, create a new canvas, and start painting right away
We haven’t forgot about our big 4.0 update — the beta will be ready soon. Please contact us @snowcanoe or via email if you want to get on the tester list!
Ratings and Reviews
A go-to app👍
Was always able to walk away from the digital art thing, it was always too jarring a difference from convention. This was the first app I tried that blurred the line enough to feel seamless.
There’s no lag, and it’s more fluid than the other big apps. Coupled with the Apple Pencil, it’s a very realistic experience. The interface is minimalist and welcomed by me having tried way too many apps that feel like operating the hadron collider.
Most of the screen is free to create, and making changes is simple and intuitive. The dry brush is pretty incredible, and lifelike. Quick and easy to jump in, pick up or leave off...it makes for a very pleasant use of time. I occasionally use others, but have found this to be the “hub” of my iPad. Everything inspire offers it does very well, extending all the way to customer service. The developer is always there quickly if you need assistance, and is as pleasant as they are helpful. Lots of fun, and usually the only frustration is my pencil running low on power.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really makes all the time we've spent working on the app worthwhile! We're so glad that you find it easy to use, but also realistic as well, especially with Apple Pencil. Please don't hesitate to contact us anytime about anything else with the app, we're more than happy to help!
The power to create right at your fingertips
Imagine having an art studio filled with colored pencils, artists markers, chalk, charcoal, oil paints, acrylics, sketching pens & pencils & And endless supply of canvas and paper of every type of imaginable. That’s what you get with this program.I’ve only just begun to play with it and am amazed at the ability to mix and blend colors and mediums with stunningly real appearance. And yet I have none of the mess I would were I working with those mediums outside of the digital workspace.
Granted there is something to be said about the tactile feel of paint and charcoal on your skin and in your hand. But for usability and ease of switching between materials, this program is amazing. I am eager to complete several projects I’ve been trying to finish with the help of inspire Pro.
Developer Response ,
Hi The Quintessential Q,
This is a bit of a late reply, but we just wanted to thank you for the incredible review, we really appreciate it! We have definitely strived to make the mixing and blending of colors with different mediums in the app as realistic as possible, so it's very nice to hear that you're finding it amazing so far.
Love it but missing one key feature
Layers. You can’t have a serious drawing app without layers. I love this app because it’s incredibly realistic and I love that you can paint and blend like you could in real life but that’s part of the problem. When you try to paint backgrounds, it’s great. But anything else? That’s when it gets hard. I would like to see layers because when you try to blend other things besides the background it blends into the background wether you like it or not. If you had layers you could just create another layer and not have your paint blend into anything that’s not in that layer. Other than that, though, the app is great. Keep up the good work. 👍 🎨🖍
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review and thoughtful feedback! It makes sense what you're saying about painting on top of a background, so we are currently working on a huge version 4.0 update with lots of great new features, including layers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.