Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful, and painstakingly engineered for iPhone — Inspire delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing, and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™ takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision, and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
Whether you are a budding artist, seasoned professional, or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPhone, Inspire.
• 150 high-quality brushes to choose from, divided into 15 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Spray Paint, Paint Splatter, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk, Charcoal, Pastels & Conté, Basic Shapes, Complex Shapes, Shape Outlines, Patterns, and Textures
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending), or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged pressure sensitive painting with 3D Touch
• Create a canvas of any size up to 6K (24MP)
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity, and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated, and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
• Create a painting right within the Messages app, starting from a blank canvas or an image from your Photos
• Use your Apple Watch as a companion to perform actions, select colors, and quickly glance at how long you've spent on a painting
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square, and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos, and artwork.
Several bug fixes and UI improvements to make sure your holiday painting, drawing, and sketching goes as smooth as ice and as fun as snow.
Ratings and Reviews
Impressive painting app! (1.0 version has some omissions & annoyances, though...)
Nice blending and painting! A direct competitor to another app called Brushes. Some comments... This app should incorporate 2 features found in Brushes. First, a color transparency setting which would allow for even more subtlety and, second, the ability to immediately recover your previous color selection when using the color picker (Brushes allows you to simply tap on "old" to recover your previous color). Inspire 1.0 suffers from an annoying UI design: if one of your short painting strokes is misinterpreted to be a "tap" then the settings icons will suddenly appears directly on top of your drawing...very annoying. To be fair, this accidental "tap-to-menu" issue can also occur when using Brushes, but with Brushes at least there are no icons under your finger to accidentally press with a second tap. A better UI design for Inspire would be to show (in a very discrete way) an area in one of the screen corners that the user would tap to launch the tools/settings. Inspire also forces you to watch an annoying and unnecessary launch screen at every launch...get rid of that! But for only version 1.0 it's still an impressive effort that deserves at least a 4 stars rating.
Such an amazing app! I used to use the free version of ibis paint but when I really got into art I met complications along the way so I decided to change to a new art-making program and that puts me here. The first piece I made was two planets both with one moon in a galaxy and I have to say that the vast arrangement of tools Inspire offers made this quite easy while keeping it looking good and fresh!
You got a new user! -J
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the amazing review, very much appreciated! We're happy you like all of the different tools included with the app — thanks for buying it and giving it a shot!
My Go-To Painting App
I have many painting apps - ArtStudio Pro, Affinity Designer, ArtRage, Paintstorm, Procreate - yes, I play with the big boys. But when I’m ready to settle down and get things done, Inspire Pro is my go- to painting app. Its ease-of-use is the primary reason but come on...look at all those brushes, and the blending capabilities are above an other app! You should really give this app a try if you’re serious about painting!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.