InstaTV Pro 12+
KeYi Tech Inc.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Watch live and recorded TV on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch with HDHomeRun Tuner and DVR Service
- HDHomeRun DVR Service support
- Discover HDHomeRun tuner devices and DVR storage on local network
- Stream live TV from HDHomeRun tuner
- Discover and schedule recordings using HDHomeRun DVR service
- Stream recordings from HDHomeRun DVR service
- Hardware Accelerated decoding with HDHomeRun Extend
- Show program information when guide data is available (Depending on region and HDHomeRun model)
- Gesture for brightness and volume
- Live TV supports all current HDHomeRun models (Prime/Extend/Connect/Expand) and legacy HDHomeRun models:
- DVR requires HDHomeRun DVR service. Please see Silicondust website for details.
In-App Purchase required for fullscreen playback.
(1) For HDHomeRun Regular
- SD video requires iPhone 4S+ and iPad 2/3+
- HD video requires iPad 4+/iPhone5+ and WiFi-AC
(2) For HDHomeRun Extend
- 720p playback on iPhone4S+ and iPad2+
- 1080p playback on iPhone5+ and iPad4+
- 2.4G Wifi
See http://instatv.org for more information.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Fix: Unable to install on 32bit iOS devices (iPhone 4S/5/5C, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Mini 1)
- New: Guide data for legacy HDHomeRun TV tuners running firmware 20161117 or newer
- New: Live TV Pause and Resume (Time-shifting)
- New: Enable all playback codec on iOS 64bit devices. In-App-Purchase enables fullscreen playback.
- New: Support VPN by allowing manually enter IP for HDHomeRun Tuner or HDHomeRun DVR Storage (No Support for Legacy HDHomeRun)
- New: Notify low DVR storage space
- Fix: HW decoding crashing issue with HDHomeRun Extended
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t consistently work with all channels
I have used the app for years and generally find it okay. Biggest issue for me is that some channels cause it to crash, while another channel right next to it works just fine (same resolution). When I try the history channel in HD, for example, it plays exactly 3 seconds, then the app will crash. The other thing I don’t like is that it doesn’t do picture I. Picture when you want to change channels.
Overall, it works - most of the time and I still use it now and then, so I give it a 2.5.
Ridiculous...less than poor
The app seems to work if all you want to do is watch a tv channel. But try and rewind a second or two and next thing you know is the audio plays from the rewind and you are dumped to the channel screen with absolutely no way to get back to see the picture. This app has so many issues, it is ridiculous. If you try adding more buffer memory for it to use, it won’t do it unless you start at 1GB and slowly select each one until to get to a higher usage. Also, touch the screen to adjust the sound/video is a joke as it constantly bounces back and forth between the two and you find yourself adjusting the wrong thing. Seriously this app is of no value, let alone $15. What is truly bizarre is their AppleTV app seems to work just fine. And the AppleTV version has a help menu too. But at $25 who knows what the next upgrade will destroy on that. This developer has absolutely NO QUALITY CONTROL PERIOD! It will NOT WORK CORRECTLY on an iPad Pro or an iPhone X. The last version of this app is from June 25, 2017. This is December 5, 2017th! What the heck??? How on earth did this pass Apple’s strict guidelines? It appears the developers only interest seems to be collecting gobs of money and just sit back and count it.
It's worked fine for me ... 2017 update
Now June 2017: Good to see an update. Adding sound does help users know it will work after purchase for those who had been uncertain about the purchase for sound. I hope this will help the developer assure customers. I was already pleased.
Before: I recently semi-cut the cord. I have InstaTV on my Fire TV because Channels isn't available. I was afraid from reviews but bought it anyway. It works. There are settings you can adjust/change that can improve functionality. I don't do any recording, just viewing. The TV shows' artwork is accurate and I have no complaints about paying for the app. I hope it stays functional through software updates for FireTV.
The developer, KeYi Tech Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KeYi Tech Inc.
- 18.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017, KeYi Tech Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Screen Playback $14.99
- Premium Features $14.99
- HDHomeRun Plus Support $4.99