A customizable weather app for iPhone and iPad that lets you select backgrounds for different weather conditions.
- Take a picture using your device's camera or select an existing one from your album to use as your background
- Add filters, add blur, or change the brightness of your background
- Change the color for text and icons
- Swipe right to access a daily forecast page.
- Swipe left to access detailed forecast covering the next 5 days in 3 hour intervals
- A Memories screen keeps track of weather conditions over time
- Share any screen from the app directly to social media
The app also includes a Today widget that lets you check the weather conditions right from your lock screen or home screen.
Powered by the Dark Sky API, the Today widget shows current temperature, the day's min and max temperatures, and hyper-local rain forecasts. The widget can also be expanded to show extra details for the next 12 hours.
+ Simplified background customization
+ Improved app performance, especially on older devices
+ Greatly reduced app size and memory utilization
Ratings and Reviews
Decent weather app
As a professional meteorologist, this NEW app is decent, but needs a few suggestions/fixes. I have 3 airports within 4 miles of me here in Anchorage, and it chose the nearest airport (Lake Hood), even though Ted Stephens International Airport (Anchorage, Alaska) is only .3/4 of a mile away.
Lake hood is 4 blocks away. NICE JOB ON GPS LOCATION in the app. Conversely...a few updates would make this top tier.
1. I wish when you clicked camera you didn’t have to reverse the view.
2. To upload you have to take a screenshot then manually upload it to social media. It’s unfortunate that there’s no social media link.
3. It cut off my city location below the current weather icon when posting the screenshot.
4. Wish you could change the text color, as the text is white and we have snow on the roofs/grounds.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed feedback, it's really helpful. I will definitely consider your points when working on future updates
No Sharing to Social Media?
I thought this app used to be focused on sharing your location's weather info on social media. What happened?
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for your feedback. I recently updated the app to allow you to export any screen directly to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
I encourage you to try out version 1.31 and let me know if you have any further feedback 🙂
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.