insTuner Free - The BEST, FREE, INTUITIVE Chromatic Tuner!
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). insTuner Free is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique "fixed" note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones. With its large and clear display, you can tune your instrument without any difficulty: Just tune and play!
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner Free. It supports Line-in Mode as well as Built-in Microphone Mode. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FREE FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Well-designed "Fixed" note wheel display
* Tone generator
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
=== ADVANCED FEATURES ===
* Supported both Landscape mode
* Strobe Tuning Mode
* Fine Tuning Mode with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Mode that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Mode for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Mode with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
* Supported Inter-App Audio
* Supported Audio Bus
=== NOTICE ===
iPod Touch 3rd generation requires an external microphone.
EUMLab's goal is to unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Enjoy insTuner? Try Pro Metronome for FREE! http://bit.ly/prometronome
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
1. Fixed minor bugs
2. Added integration to other EUMLab's apps
3. Added simplified Chinese support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've only experienced two great tuning apps: Tonal Energy and InsTuner. Only downfall of Tonal Energy is the fact you have to pay around 4 dollars for it. InsTuner is free and it even works as well as TE. I know that there is a paid version of this, but honestly you don't need it. The free version is pretty solid and I love how there are no annoying ads. Most free tuners found in the App Store are subpar in my opinion because their app produced aren't as well. Would give it 5 stars, but it's occasionally slow when it tries to pick up different pitches that are released quickly.
It great on your phone but...There’s a little buggy on the iPad.
Due to the COVID-19 I’m at home. We were learning to tune our violin before school closed. I needed a tuning app so I asked my teacher online about it and she recommended this app. I decided to give it a go and download it. I downloaded it own my phone and it worked great. So I also downloaded it on my iPad Pro but there was a buggy. The bottom of the screen was black so you couldn’t see the chromatic tuner thingy. For people who I assume are still reading I suggest you to download this on your phone. I’m not sure if it works on other types of iPads but it doesn’t work on the iPad Pro. Until they fix this buggy download this on your phone or you can find some more apps. This is still a amazing app on your phone though. Stay safe during the COVID-19.😷🙃😷(I hope you guys get this buggy fixed soon!)
I downloaded the pay for app based upon an online referral from a site about setting up DIY wind chimes. I've used other tuning apps and found this to be the most helpful. It is smart in distinguishing background noise (much of the work was done in my garage on a not so busy street) from tuning sounds and was able to still give consistent readings. I found the dial along with the frequency reading was very helpful. I still rate this 5 stars despite having some trouble distinguishing the higher pitches. Dead on consistency, graphics, useful info, and ease of use are my biggest factors for giving a 5. 😊
- Xanin Technology GmbH
- 46.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © EUMLab 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.